Calibration disc

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SaintsFan

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 5, 2004
Could anyone reccommend a calibration disc and if they are worth the trouble?

A super easy one to use is the calibration disc putout by Sound & Vision. You can get it for about $12 if you search around for it. It's much easier to navigate than DVE.

Ditto that. I have Avia and Digital Essentials . Both are available at amazon.com. Any calibated disk better than the factory settings as you will see when you get one.
HD=Voom

Walter L. said:
You may also try the THX Optimizer that comes with movies such as Nemo, etc. You'll only need to order the "blue" glasses ($2) from https://secure.brandlocker.com/promos/thxpromo.cfm

Cool. The glasses, I mean. I about went nuts with the little color strip that came with the Avia disk trying to get it to work. It's been some time since I've used it and don't remember what settings used the other color strips. Do you know where to find similar glasses for the other colors?

ricks said:
Cool. The glasses, I mean. I about went nuts with the little color strip that came with the Avia disk trying to get it to work. It's been some time since I've used it and don't remember what settings used the other color strips. Do you know where to find similar glasses for the other colors?
The blue glasses are everything you need if you want to use the THX Optimizer. I'm not sure (familiar) with the Avia disk.

The blue is the only color you need with any of them. I have like 4 different calibration discs and they all came with a blue strip.

Actually AVIA is coming with 3 (blue, green and red) of them, so you can adjust the different color as well.

DarrellP said:
The blue is the only color you need with any of them. I have like 4 different calibration discs and they all came with a blue strip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts