Call from Installs, Inc Installer re: VOOM death--unexpected????

bookwalk

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
My caller ID said that an Installs, Inc Installer in my area (Harris Sat--who thoroughly botched the intital VOOm install I had in February and libleled me and my family and we told him he could never come on our property again).

Another installer, Clarity, Inc. finished the install and did it very nicely.

NOW--I see the caller ID of the first installer from Installs, Inc and I am not going to even talk to him, as I don't believe that anything regarding VOOM's demise and disposal of the equipment should come from anyone else other than VOOM.

I refused to allow this installer to ever come on my property and, actually, Installs, Inc said that they were also not goin to allow him to come on our property either.

Soooo, what should we expect to happen on Apr 30 with regards to how the equipment is to be handled?

Will this come from Installers, Inc? I.e. disposal of the dish, receiver, etc?

HE was the installer who badmouthed VOOM, was very arrogant, threatening and irate and said "Mark my words--you will lose your VOOM and have to go with DISH"

So, we are not allowing him on our property and can't imagine why we are all now getting calls from Installs, Inc about the VOOm equipment already--anyone else get calls from Installers, Inc????//

No calls yet but they really do not want to call me hehe. If they do I will let them know exactly what I think of them and some of thier sub's like InstallsDirect. I am still furious over the fact that QC came to check the work done by these ppl and the fact that nothing passed inspection. Heck the QC person actually called the company that was to come out and check things and work on my antenna and told him "Its an entire rewire, the ONLY thing you wont have to do is put up the Dish" this includes the fact that they didnt even ground the system. Install Inc calls and gives me any greif and I will do my utmost to make life difficult.

Thanks to caller ID--I will NEVER answer calls from this character. If I receive a call from VOOM, that's another story.

Continuing Harassment by Installers, Inc Installer to help me wiht "VOOM" transition

I continue to get phone calls (I refuse to answer) from Installers, Inc Installer who botched the intitial VOOM installation and I have asked VOOM not to ever assign him as service tech as he is not welcome on our property.

However, he seems to have access to the VOOM Service requests or something, but he has called several times--he finally left a message that he would like to

"Help us make the transition from VOOM to another service provider".

I think this is very unprofessional--using the VOOM customer list to approach us to install another satellite system. We first thought he was just trying to say he couldn't come for the service install, cancelled because of VOOM going under, but checking with VOOM, he was never assigned to that.

Now with him finally leaving a message, I realize he was not scheduled for the service, but just trying to drum up business for D* or E*.

Well, based on this activity, I wil NEVER, NEVER consider either of those two companies--not in my wildest dreams (nightmares).

I pray that neither of them will pick up the VOOM 21--there HAS to be another alternative.

I see the Direct is rolling out HD Locals in the largest cities--wow--that really helps us back in the hinterlands. Those cities already have access to digital cable, etc and so why not go to those areas (rural) that have no other alternative.

There has GOT to be a 3rd Satellite Provider. Somebody call Starchoice in Canada and lobby for them to start the balls rolling to get into the US market.

My orignial installer called asking us to keep him in mind when and if we went with another satellite service. He was very good and gave me no problems with the install. He installed the dish where I wanted it and not where he wanted it. He even did an extra wire drop with no charge and grounded the system as necessary. He was helpfull in all aspects of the install and quick lessions on how to use the stb. I will be calling him again. Was he from Install Inc.? I have no idea, I do know that he was an independent contractor.

Yep, Mr. Harris has been calling my house too. He talked to the wife and was wondering what other satellite service he could install for us. If (more like when) I go with another service, I will make sure he is not doing the install because I want another installer to be able to laugh at the mess he made.

bookwalk said:
HE was the installer who badmouthed VOOM, was very arrogant, threatening and irate and said "Mark my words--you will lose your VOOM and have to go with DISH"
Well, he did get one part right.... :D

The saga continues--for the 4TH DAY IN A ROW, Mr Harris, subcontracter from Installs, Inc has called my house. This is bordering on harassment. I had already called VOOM to tell them that he is NEVER to be involved in anything to do with our VOOM install or de-install.

They had made a note of this, but I don't think he is continuing with this.

How do I get him put on a Do-Not-Call list somewhere? Can VOOM instruct Installs, Inc to stop him from harassing us?

Call installs Inc directly. Give them the name of the Sub he works for and say you want to report harrasment. Might work better than calling Voom as they are who actually deal with the Subs.

next time he calls, tell him if he calls back one more time your gonna drive to his house and kick the sh@t out of him!!!

cidbozek said:
next time he calls, tell him if he calls back one more time your gonna drive to his house and kick the sh@t out of him!!!
Or calling the phone company and local police will take care of it.. You just have to write down the date/time he calls and they can release the phone records to the police and you can press charges for harassment..
Just make sure you answer the call and tell him not to call anymore, then you can hang up...

bookwalk said:
The saga continues--for the 4TH DAY IN A ROW, Mr Harris, subcontracter from Installs, Inc has called my house. This is bordering on harassment. I had already called VOOM to tell them that he is NEVER to be involved in anything to do with our VOOM install or de-install.

They had made a note of this, but I don't think he is continuing with this.

How do I get him put on a Do-Not-Call list somewhere? Can VOOM instruct Installs, Inc to stop him from harassing us?

bookwalk,

call Installs Inc 888-987-3474 and let them know that this guy keep call you he should in no way be call you at this point in time. the only calls you should be recieveing is from voom or maybe installs inc but i doubt that they would be call you for anything at this point so call installs inc and let them know he has called you 4 days in a row.

t

If any installer calls you, get their name and company, call Cust Care and have an agent document it in your acct, NOONE should be picking up eq from active customers or former customers, after you get the techs name tell them you are calling voom to report him as no eq pickup will be done before the letter is released in about 3-4weeks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)