Call from the Audit Department.... what's next?

HDTVFanAtic said:
simple

Why everyone overlooks the fact that the audit department makes most of their money off finding those who have purchased PPV that have not transmitted the info to Dish via a phone line than account sharing is beyond me.

There are people with hundreds of dollars of PPV not transmitted because of no phone lines - those are who they are looking to nail.

If you read the various threads, you can see Installers talking about it all the time.
I don't know where you get your info but it is wrong there is no way they can tell if there are any PPV ordered from the audit.

SaltiDawg said:
Again, that'll show 'em. lol:rolleyes:

They lose enough $100 + a month customers over this sh*t and someone will take notice. If I do get audited again I hope I get a real nasty one because I'm going to record the whole thing then send it to media outlets all over the country. I guarantee you that any prospective subscribers that gets a whiff of this crap will choose another provider. Of course Dish doesn't care about that, right? :rolleyes:

NightRyder

Last edited:
n0qcu said:
I don't know where you get your info but it is wrong there is no way they can tell if there are any PPV ordered from the audit.

What he said.

There is nothing in the audit process that checks for non-submitted PPV.

NightRyder

n0qcu said:
I suspect the result of making someone hook up ther reveivers to any phone will result in making receivers call in previously ordered PPV's. :rolleyes:

SaltiDawg said:
I suspect the result of making someone hook up ther reveivers to any phone will result in making receivers call in previously ordered PPV's. :rolleyes:
TRUE.

However, The last time I tried any receiver that wasn't connected to a phone it wouldn't even let a PPV be ordered.

SaltiDawg said:
Methinks that you place too high a value on your self-importance. :rolleyes:

Response removed.....

Nevermind. I just went through your posting history, you obviously have some issues to deal with, so I'll say goodbye.

NightRyder

Last edited:
If I got a call from a nasty enough auditor, they'd get back whatever they threw at me, they might or might not get the numbers they request, along with a bunch of literal insults ;)

smart cards in receivers have a numerical limit of aprox 9 and a monetary limit of (i think) 60 bucks, also they will stay on the receivers sc forever and at a point after a ppv sits on the receiver so long the receiver will prevent more ppv's from being ordered until a smart card update is done. also once a receiver verifies that a phone line is connected you can order any ppv you want within those limits but there is a time limit to that as well. (try explaining, a three year old ppv that just downloaded, to an irrate cust)

n0qcu said:
TRUE.

However, The last time I tried any receiver that wasn't connected to a phone it wouldn't even let a PPV be ordered.
PPV is ordered over the phone by the receiver. If you try to order without a phone connection, the receiver has no way to "talk" to Dish. The satellite link is receive ONLY.

Jim5506 said:
PPV is ordered over the phone by the receiver. If you try to order without a phone connection, the receiver has no way to "talk" to Dish. The satellite link is receive ONLY.
I don't believe that you have it quite right. It is my understanding that when you order a PPV with your remote that you enable in software your receiver to receive that particular event at tthe specific time and channel. The modem call in subsequently reports that event.

You could take your brand new just out of the box receiver connected to a phone line and order up to the limit of PPV's and then disconnect the phone. This would explain why one must be careful if buying a used receiver.

My understanding of it is that a PPV movie is approved from DishNetwork headquarters either by a phone call from you, a request via remote that calls the request in or a request on the internet and the appropriate signal is the sent to your receiver(s). But I was wrong, once!;^)

Jim5506 said:
My understanding of it is that a PPV movie is approved from DishNetwork headquarters either by a phone call from you, a request via remote that calls the request in or a request on the internet and the appropriate signal is the sent to your receiver(s). But I was wrong, once!;^)
Again, there is no phone call in order to set a timer with the remote. The phone call comes later to report the event so that you can be billed.

SaltiDawg said:
Again, there is no phone call in order to set a timer with the remote. The phone call comes later to report the event so that you can be billed.
Yes, when you order a PPV your receiver only checks for a phone line connection. It doesn't dial out until a later time.

appraiser18 said:
I received my second audit call after I installed the new 621 receiver. I live in a 4300 SF home with 5 receivers. I read one location ID wrong during a thunderstorm. They deactivated it and told me I could turn it on under a new account. What they didn't tell me was the cost would be $88 additional per month. When I inquired and found out the additional charge I refused to do this. They told me if it was connected to a phone line and they sent a tech to my home they would turn it back on. I agreed and paid to have a phone line installed for the receiver. The tech showed up the next day and called to reactivate it. They told him they would not do this unless all my receivers are connected to a phone line. Two of my receivers are not near a phone line, in addition I have VOIP phone service and more than one line in my home. They told him even if all the receivers were connected but on different numbers that they would still audit me at random. I have been with DISH for more than 10 years and that was the last straw. I have an appointment on Monday to install cable with the HDDVR in two rooms and the remaining TVs connected to digital as well. This includes 4 TVs that could not be connected because of the DISH limit. My cost is less and programming is similar. My job involves working for the government as a real estate appraiser and I see many homes bought and refinanced by Veterans. If faced with any question concerning DISH I will gladly tell my story. Many homeowners think having a DISH system wired in their home adds value. I think my story answers that question. DISH service is worthless when they treat their customers like crooks and they lie to them about how to deal with their audit department. I have paid over $2000 in the past 18 months for HDDVRs and new dishes. Everytime you think you are OK with them they change and you have to pay to upgrade. When I upgraded to the 621 for $299, I sent one of my 921s back for the $200 rebate. After one month they finally gave me the rebate, then audited me and turned off a receiver. Now I have spent $100 to give them one of my 921s back and I am turning off the service. I will never have DISH service again period. I don't care if they call to give it to me for free. Good riddance to DISH. At least with cable they give you the equipment and upgrades. If you enjoy being treated like a criminal and thief than DISH service is definitely the way to go.

I failed to mention that the 921 I sent back for a $200 rebate cost $995 for me to purchase. I paid $299 less a $200 rebate to upgrade to the 621 receiver and do not own it. I will be returning it on Monday to them. In other words they get my 921 which I owned back and keep $100 and get the 621 back in 30 days. Then they audit me and turn off a receiver. Great service from DISH Network. Never again will they see my money.

Update from Appraiser18. I completed the change to cable and cancelled with DISH. Now I get to pay them another $200 for cancelling. This after being with them for over 10 years. I am also being charged $100 for the tech who showed up at DISH's request to reactivate a receiver by connecting a phone line to it (the phone line I paid someone else to install just for them). DISH would not reactivate the receiver after I had a phone line installed per their guidelines but I still get billed another $100. In other words the tech could not and did not do anything. He wondered why they even called him. Needless to say DISH was very surprised I actually cancelled. They must think they are the only act in town. I now have 8 TVs connected for less than the 5 with DISH. Good luck to all who have to deal with them. After spending over $2000 in the past couple of years for equipment and upgrades and being treated like a criminal I had enough.

tkorcal said:
There is NO WAY you have 8 TVs connected all with digital cable for lees than you could with dish.

Actually if you have digital cable ready TVs you can get a card for $1-$2/month for them.... You can also get all the free digital channels without the card (such as local HDTV broadcasts).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)