Call of Duty Black Ops

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
Anyone playing? I picked up for the PS3. Per usual with these games I play the campaign first so I haven't even tried multiplayer yet. I've been busy but completed the first few campaigns and it is good. I'm playing on the hard difficulty level and have found the game fairly challenging but not impossible so far. Anyone else playing?

I have it for the 360, and have only played some of the campaign.
Mulitplayer is similar to the last COD, with enough differences to make it fresh. Im pleased so far.

I picked it up for the PS3..finished the campaign mode and now started multiplayer. I thought the campaign mode was better than MW2 and so far I have been enjoying the new larger multiplayer maps and points system.

Agree on the campaign. I'm not done (haven't had much time), but the MW2 campaign was terrible. I'm really enjoying this one.

Been playing MP quite a bit. It's funny because I have been a major critic of COD MP since COD4, complaining that it's not balanced and unfairly rewards those who are winning. While I still do believe that to some extent, for whatever reason I find Black Ops incredibly addicting. It's caused me to break my cardinal rule of not touching MP until SP was finished, but every time I boot up the game I find myself jumping into some Free For All fun, especially the hardcore mode. It also doesn't help that I got stuck on a part of the SP where the game decided to apparently be consumed by the Holy Spirit and turn to white and freeze up while I was blowing up some Vietcong huts. I'd love to play with more people on here, but I find most people are either watching Netflix or playing another game.

On a separate but related topic, if you want to really show your nerd side and find that putting a swastika on your emblem is so passe, here's a link that describes how to put the Android logo on it.

Andy The Android On Black Ops!

I did it on mine (yourbeliefs on XBL). It's not as good as his, but it beats my old beer logo.

Yeah, I see you on quite often yourbeliefs, but generally it is right after I quit playing and am watching netflix.
We all need to have a game one day.
My id is the same as here.

Just picked this up after playing with three family memebers on Thanksgiving. I'm awful at FPSes, but killing zombies was a lot of fun. I figure I need to go through the campaign first before trying online play (to hopefully become less embarassing).

Just picked this up after playing with three family memebers on Thanksgiving. I'm awful at FPSes, but killing zombies was a lot of fun. I figure I need to go through the campaign first before trying online play (to hopefully become less embarassing).

There is actually a practice mode for online play included in this one.
It can give you a feel for how online play works versus a campaign as the two are different feels and gameplay.
Try it out.

Whatever. We need more SatGuy Players on this.... Add me to your friends list. I will join... same Sat Guys as on XBL.

I finally went and beat the campaign. It definitely beat the campaign of MW2, but then again, getting punched in the face for 10 seconds by Mike Tyson from 1987 is better (and longer) than the MW2 campaign. The two twists were interesting, although the first one was rather predictable, and the 2nd one wasn't fleshed out very well. They just sort of threw it out there, ended the game, and put a small video on the end to allude to what happens. Still, it was quite entertaining and I will ATTEMPT to play through the game again on Veteran difficulty to get some of those extra achievements.

Looks like I'll be jumping back into the MP field again.

I got the PS3 version.. Loved the campaign.. And have enjoyed the combat training part.. But like Always, I just can't bring myself to actually play online against real people.. Something about being shy, and getting laughed at.. :)

skyviewmark said:
I got the PS3 version.. Loved the campaign.. And have enjoyed the combat training part.. But like Always, I just can't bring myself to actually play online against real people.. Something about being shy, and getting laughed at.. :)

I tried that but the problem is you miss out on so many game modes. Just mute everyone, or if you just want to kill computer enemies then play zombies

Okay, so I am a little Lame, I have had this game since release day, and still have not opened the package. I need to find some time to get it out and play. I loved play MW2 but I have not played since June.

Vodad1 on xbl

whoops forgot to add me, I have it and been playing ALOT actually thinking about getting rid of halo as I dont play that anymore...my call of duty addiction has taken over.

whoops forgot to add me, I have it and been playing ALOT actually thinking about getting rid of halo as I dont play that anymore...my call of duty addiction has taken over.

Yeah, thats pretty much me. I still think Halo is fun, but I havent played it in a long time. COD is about the only game I play now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts