Called Voom for Rain Problem,clueless CSR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Eric_C

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 18, 2004
Last night it stormed heavily and we missed the Soprano's. I didn't care too much last night since it was REALLY storming, even our neighbors lost their DTV HD and ended up watching choppy SD through the rain.

Tonight however was a different story. Sit down at 9:55 and turn on the TV, no SAT, OTA works fine.

Its BARELY sprinkling outside but I check the signal and it sucks, down in the 40's, usually I see over 80.

I call Voom, partly to complain, partly to get the bigger dish. I explain the problem, rain and all. He tells me if I'm getting "a signal", meaning any signal at all it should work. I tell him again how low the signal is and when I saw its pixelated and has choppy sound/video, he tells me I should press the magic red button and change the resolution that it is displaying.

By this time the rain has subsided and the picture came back, I explained to him again the problem, and he again told me switching resolutions will help...he also told me there were "several things to try" which is BS, no signal is no signal, but they have that flip card mentality.

After AGAIN explaining to him how the system works and why it was not working, but now is he went back to the flip cards and I hung up.

The amount of rain tonight should not effect the signal, DTV never went out unless it was a massive downpoor, this was just a sprinkle.

I called last night night about rain fade, and the CSR had no clue. It rarely rains where I live, but it has a few times this past week. Any precipitation causes no picture. I called back today, and a tech is coming out next week to see what can be done. I don't know what he's going to do, b/c my signal is usually 94 when good weather. I guess he's supposed to analyze the situation or something. It seems like a waste of time. I would call back tomorrow Eric. Odds are you'll eventually stumble across someone who knows what they're doing.

Voom has been installing bigger dishes either 24" or 30" for people experiencing rain fades. However these bigger dishes are not available here in Hampton Roads- Va yet. In addition, there was a discussion that Voom has two satellites and will be upgrading all its customers to a bigger dish soon, if I read right.

jimmykce1 said:
Voom has been installing bigger dishes either 24" or 30" for people experiencing rain fades. However these bigger dishes are not available here in Hampton Roads- Va yet. In addition, there was a discussion that Voom has two satellites and will be upgrading all its customers to a bigger dish soon, if I read right.

Voom authorized a 24" dish for me in CA and the installation company assigned to this area also did not have any larger dishes. They simply contacted Voom to get authorization for payment and voom will reimburse them for ordering a larger dish from their usual source. No problem on either
Vooom's or the local installation company's part.

Shelly

When the installer came out to install my house he brought a 30 inch dish with him. He installed that one. Even with a downpour the other night my signal was at 96. It runs at 99 durring the dry times. I could not be more happy with my 30 inch dish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)