Caller ID Problem

SteveT

Original poster
Feb 2, 2004
I just installed a new 322 -- seems to be a nice unit, but I’ve got a problem with the Caller ID.

When the phone rings, the Caller ID (on the TV’s) displays the previous caller instead of the current caller.

All the other caller ID units in the house show the current/correct caller, but the TV display lags by one call -- which makes it pretty useless.

Don’t think it’s a phone issue. Any idea what’s going on here?

Thanks

Just as a follow-up -- this problem seems to have fixed itself. I didn't do anything, but the last couple days it has been working properly. Steve

Steve from my experience it will be very erratic and sometimes display the wrong information. You will probably have to do a power button reset weekly or more frequently.

Good for you, my caller id even picks up the neighbors calls, though I blame that on the wireless phonejack I use, rather than the sat :)

Tomes don't blame your wireless phonejacks unless you have some serious wiring problems in your house. The wireless phone jacks send a FM carrier signal on your electric power lines so unless your neighbors power lines are connected to yours it shouldn't affect your caller ID.

I thought wireless phone jacks didn't transmit the caller ID info? If one does, which is it so I can buy it because I do not have a phone line outlet by my receivers?

Sorry Boba, didn't see your post until now. I live in a townhouse, is it still strange the 'wireless' phone jacks have a problem with the power lines? I've actually also had the situation where the neighbours can hear us and vice versa on the phone...

Bearcat, don't remember where I picked them up, but they are the standard white square looking ones, with parts of it looking rounded, and plugging into the powerlines.

boba said:
Tomes don't blame your wireless phonejacks unless you have some serious wiring problems in your house. The wireless phone jacks send a FM carrier signal on your electric power lines so unless your neighbors power lines are connected to yours it shouldn't affect your caller ID.

I think I've heard that if your power and a neighbor's power come off the same transformer at the power pole such interference is possible.
I had severe noise on a shortwave receiver years ago and using a transistor radio, and following the power lines, I was able to track it to a neighbor's door bell transformer two doors down. We were both getting our power off the same transformer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)