Calling Chicago & Boston

jimboeau

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 5, 2004
Western WI
Calling Chicago, Boston & Nashville

Anybody have any side by side comparison information regarding picture quality on the new MPEG 4 locals vs. OTA locals? How does the satellite picture compare to the OTA picture? :)

Last edited:
My comparison is damm good other than WLS (abc HD) tonight im noticing horrid blockyness. It looks like some one taped it with a vcr. :) Other than that side by side to me they look just as good :)

Quality Of Boston MPEG4 Locals

jimboeau said:
Anybody have any side by side comparison information regarding picture quality on the new MPEG 4 locals vs. OTA locals? How does the satellite picture compare to the OTA picture? :)

The MPEG4 locals from Boston look pretty good to me. We've been watching the Olympics in HD on the NBC affiliate, WHDH Ch. 7, and it is just as good as OTA from what I can tell.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
mera said:
nashville , los angels and new york also has HD locals

You're right, I forgot about Nashville. LA and NY are still MPEG 2. I was more interested in the comparison of MPEG 4 to OTA.

goaliebob99 said:
My comparison is damm good other than WLS (abc HD) tonight im noticing horrid blockyness. It looks like some one taped it with a vcr. :) Other than that side by side to me they look just as good :)

I noticed the same thing last night on WLS. Watching a few minutes of Castaway last night I compared the blue sky. You could see some digital artifacts. It looked much better OTA than satellite. The Olympics look great OTA or satellite.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts