Calling Customer Support, not recognizing phone number?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

coreyva

Original poster
Oct 12, 2004
Boise
The last few calls I've placed to D* have been rather annoying with their automated system. If I remember correctly, in the past when I called, it would recognize your number from caller ID if calling from your home phone. Now it asks for my phone number. The problem is, after entering it, it says it can not find it and then asks for my account number. Strange since I've been at this number for years and with D* for even longer. I'm curious if this is an isolated issue with my account and if not, does anyone happen to know who at D* to contact to have it corrected? Unfortunately, the last CSR I spoke with was less than useless.

The last few calls I've placed to D* have been rather annoying with their automated system. If I remember correctly, in the past when I called, it would recognize your number from caller ID if calling from your home phone. Now it asks for my phone number. The problem is, after entering it, it says it can not find it and then asks for my account number. Strange since I've been at this number for years and with D* for even longer. I'm curious if this is an isolated issue with my account and if not, does anyone happen to know who at D* to contact to have it corrected? Unfortunately, the last CSR I spoke with was less than useless.

as for the Caller Id thing, normally I speak the number as the automated voice thinks that will work better, but normally when I do, it doesn't get it correct and eventually I end up either using the dial buttons to place the number in or it moves me to an agent.
You can also often say Agent and get transferred to an agent.

Jimbo

You can check the phone number they have on the directv.com web site and change it if necessary.

Thanks, but the number is correct. It will even speak it back correctly. I finally talked with someone and they said they are hearing complaints about this. Hopefully they'll get it fixed soon.

When I call too, the automated line doesn't know my number. I then speak my number, it reads it back and then asks for my account number. It is not just a problem for you coreyva. The funny thing is when I talk to the rep, they have my account pulled up as if the automated line found my account for them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.