Calling DISH from Canada DIRT response ?

kirbybear

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 23, 2009
Cresview Florida
I have an RV account and plan to travel in Canada. I called DiSH 800 number while in the US and was assured the 800 numbers work from Canada !

I gave the number to a fellow Rver currently in Canada. He is using his Verizon cell and all he gets is " can NOT make the call from here " All other 800 numbers he has called work just fine

DIRT is there a non 800 number ?

I assume the 800 # only works if you pick up a cell tower based in the US. Sounds like the rv'er is hitting a Canadian cell tower

720-279-0796
(303) 723-1000 Their main Echostar headquarter number.

Last edited:
I am not promoting the service, but if you have a MagicJack with a US phone number, it will work on all US toll free numbers. I would guess that all VOIP systems would work. The RVer could stop at an internet cafe and make contact.

I have an RV account and plan to travel in Canada. I called DiSH 800 number while in the US and was assured the 800 numbers work from Canada !

I gave the number to a fellow Rver currently in Canada. He is using his Verizon cell and all he gets is " can NOT make the call from here " All other 800 numbers he has called work just fine

DIRT is there a non 800 number ?

If it is possible, please send a PM and we can assist you. You do not say what you need from the CSR but we should be able to get you request processed.

Mary At the moment I do not require any assistance. But when I go to Canada If I need something as simple as a receiver re hit because the receiver has been off for a few weeks it would be nice to be able to call DISH. I am paying Verizon for voice service but not for data, so can only use the internet on a WIFI connection.

So I must conclude that the info I received from DISH CS that the 800 DISH number works from Canada was incorrect and that NO DISH 800/888 numbers work ?

Mary At the moment I do not require any assistance. But when I go to Canada If I need something as simple as a receiver re hit because the receiver has been off for a few weeks it would be nice to be able to call DISH. I am paying Verizon for voice service but not for data, so can only use the internet on a WIFI connection.

So I must conclude that the info I received from DISH CS that the 800 DISH number works from Canada was incorrect and that NO DISH 800/888 numbers work ?

I used to call US 800 numbers from Canada using a calling card like a 100 minute card from Walmart or Sam's Club. Maybe Dish's 800 number is different; I don't know. I used to call Canadian numbers with my cell using the same card.

I used to call US 800 numbers from Canada using a calling card like a 100 minute card from Walmart or Sam's Club. Maybe Dish's 800 number is different...
With calling cards, you dial an 800 number first and it's probably in the US. Then the card #, then the actual # you want. The recipient thinks you're in the US.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Sounds like case of customer service telling people the answer they want, regardless of right or wrong. For all practical purposes, there's no need for Dish's 800 # to work in Canada. Will there be rare exceptions ? Yes...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

I do not know if the 1-800 number works in Canada but if it does than it would be limited. You can chat with the CSR or contact DIRT and we can get that done for you ASAP! I am sorry that i cannot be more assistance to you on this issue. Be safe on your travels!

There are high tech approaches of course to call from other countries but there is another low tech. Call someone in the US then have them 3 way you into Dish.

You might be able to use the online chat as well if you have internet.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)