calling jay bruce

iceturkee

DINFOS Trained Killer
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 13, 2005
daytona beach
word has it that cincinnati red stud in waiting jay bruce will be called up just before tonight's game. looks like corey patterson will either be cut or sent down. word also has it this decision was made before patterson went zip for 8 during sunday's marathon game in san diego.

alright, all 5 of you reds fans (myself included) (5 might be generous), does the bruce meister help turn things around? or is he just getting us interested for nothing?

It's about dang time. They should have never hired Patterson in the first place. They should have kept Josh Hamilton.

yes, but then we wouldn't have edinson volquez! i admit josh has been playing lights out baseball for the rangers. and i hope he continues to remain healthy and sober!

vince, unfortunately someone already nabbed bruce in my fantasy league. so if you got him, good on you!!

just came to post that hatteburg was designated for assignment. didn't see anything on the reds website about patterson. where did you read?

ETA: sorry, i didn't read the part of your comment about patterson staying!

anybody impressed with mr bruce's first game stats? and wasn't it nice for the team to coordinate with fsn cincinnati to show us the game in hd?

Last edited:
I can't recall a AAA player who was called up with as much media attention in recent memory than Bruce. With that said, going 3-3, with two RBIs, two runs, two walks, and a stolen base is quite impressive and he is living up to the hype so far.....

thanks, ramy. i was wondering who was going to be the back-up first baseman and i guess it will be phillips. i notice he can play multiple positions too.

How about Jay Bruce!!!!!!!!! Walk off HR for his first career HR.

the dude is hitting over 500 in his first week. plus, i believe he has reenergized this team....now only 2 games under 500!!

bruce goes yard again.....reds now one game under 500.......even better, 35,000 fans at the park. could there be a revival of cincinnati reds baseball? is there a God?

bruce goes yard again.....reds now one game under 500.......even better, 35,000 fans at the park. could there be a revival of cincinnati reds baseball? is there a God?

They are starting to come together.

They have actually played better against teams with a .500 record than those that don't.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts