Calling out Mets Fan Robert Murdoch!

FlyingJ

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 19, 2005
Bexley, Ohio
Hey Robert....

If I remembr correctly, Mr. Murdoch and I had a little bet going about the NL East.

I was actually looking through my son's closet the other day thinking that I would actually have to wear that Freakin Mets Jersey and if I remember correctly have a photo with a sign that said of all things "Phillies Suck"

Oh how things change. Just a heads up! One week left, game and a half lead, looking forward to seeing YOUR photo!!!!!!!!!

Go Phils!!!!!

Are you trying to jinx your team or something? :) The way both teams have been playing - I wouldn't bet on who ends up on top, and nothing either team has shown me makes me think either one of them would make it to the second round.

Awww come on Visitor. 1 week left and if I don't get my trash talk in now, I may never get it in! But whoa there on the "both teams comment". Last I looked My Fightin Phils have won what 9 out of there last 10? Don't think I can equate that with the Mets and that ummm...errr...bullpen...YIKES!

You're a Penn State fan.

Care to contribute to our NCAA Football thread?

I think JoePa's boys could make a BCS game- maybe the Rose Bowl.

Awww come on Visitor. 1 week left and if I don't get my trash talk in now, I may never get it in! But whoa there on the "both teams comment". Last I looked My Fightin Phils have won what 9 out of there last 10? Don't think I can equate that with the Mets and that ummm...errr...bullpen...YIKES!

Man, tell me about it. Unless the Mets are up by 8 runs in the 8th, and at least 6 runs in the 9th - I'm not comfortable and even then those are not guarantees by any means. :( This is such an upsetting and ugly 'bullpen'. They cost Santana probably 5-6 wins and have blown leads like every other game. Shoenweiss, Heilman, Feliciano - the bermuda triangle of doom. OY!!!

Frankly it reminds me of the Phils bullpen last year. Nothing can aggrivate you more! I will chime in Sabres on the NCAA. Kind of been living in my own little "Are we as good as we look" world.

Cripes... Forgot all about that bet.....

Yeah, didn't plan on Wagner going down on us.... If we had a decent closer for the last month we'd be pushing 100 games won... Oh well......

I thought the Cubs might lie down for us since they would play US in the playoffs if we went in as the wild card instead of the Brewers that have given them fits...

Then again I forgot there might be some lingering resentment over that whole black cat incident in 1969, so it doesn't look like they are lightening up...

I think you are gonna get the division. Now I have to hope that the Brewers keep stumbling or we could be outside looking in again.... You guys get a light schedule the rest of the way while we play the Cubs and the Marlins so I think we're screwed...

OK, so I guess the only question is..... just HOW much will the Mets overpay for K. Rod in the offseason and how many of the middle relief guys will get kicked out on their ass....?

BTW, what was the exact wording of the bet again... Do I have to hold up a Mets suck sign?

If they complete the collapse again, it shouldn't be too hard getting up the energy to make the sign.....

Yup, that's it! I understand though, aggrivating as hell. Reminds me of our pen last year, wore on me as the season went along. I actually am rooting for the Mets to get in. A Phils/Mets NL championship series would be killer fun!

Not for some of us Mets fans. I'll tell you what I don't care if Omar has to go to K Rod's house to talk to him. WE NEED HIM!! As far as the rest of the bullpen it was nice knowing you. You can't feel that bad for them. If the Mets (and this is a big if, win the NL East or get to the playoffs) they could say they pitched in the playoffs even though one guy was worse than the others.
If somehow the Mets win the World Series, which is ridiculous, but if they do, the bullpen will get the rings. For what, I have no idea!!!!

I would like to slam Cubs manager Lou for not playing all his boys but damn it I can't because I think they should be doing whatever is right for them. Next 2 days should really be interesting. Okay, I'm still a bit nervous here.

I would like to slam Cubs manager Lou for not playing all his boys but damn it I can't because I think they should be doing whatever is right for them. Next 2 days should really be interesting. Okay, I'm still a bit nervous here.

I'm going to be feeling the same way on Friday and Saturday about Sweet Lou when they play the Brew-crew because if he's resting some of his guys now, what kind of lineup is he going to put up against Milwaukee! And we get the spoiler Marlins and our best pitcher just pitched. :( I don't know if I'm more nervous or more resolved.

The Newark Star Ledger ran a story about one of the stats guys coming up with these gems....

If all the games were only played up until the 6th inning, we would have been winning the division by 11 games at this point.

If all the games were played until the 8th inning, we would have been winning by 5 games.

Only one team in history has made the playoffs with as many blown saves as we have (26)....

The 2007 Rockies.....

And they needed a one game playoff to do it.....

I'm going to be feeling the same way on Friday and Saturday about Sweet Lou when they play the Brew-crew because if he's resting some of his guys now, what kind of lineup is he going to put up against Milwaukee! And we get the spoiler Marlins and our best pitcher just pitched. :( I don't know if I'm more nervous or more resolved.

I really feel that Lou will play his regular line up for that series.

This rivalry has really heated up in the last couple of years. Not only between the fans but the teams as well.

I think the Cubs will come into Miller Park to try and humiliate the Brew Crew (again). :mad:

Depending on what happens in the next couple of days with the Mets and Brew Crew and of course the weather in NY, the Brewers will be playing for something and the Cubs I believe will be looking to do everything they can to stop the Brew Crew from making the playoff's.

Still not sure which fans are worse, Cubs or White Sox? There's more Cubs fans in Miller Park than there were White Sox fans at old County Stadium. Although, there were more fights in the stands when the Sox fans were here.

Go Crew!!

BTW, I'm not reneging on my bet..... Just waiting for the end of baseball season. If the Phillies lose, it will be a little easier to hold up the sign....

If they don't? Well, then it will be a matter of shopping for a bag to put over my head when the picture is taken.....

Congrats on your victory. May you be fat and happy next spring, eager to cash in your rings via free agency signings with other clubs (wink)....

All kidding aside, great victory. My Brother in law from Barrington, NJ is bouncing off the walls...

Now I have to find a newspaper around here with a decent photo of your victory to hold up.... I figure if it winds up floating around the internet for a while, it had at least better be a good one..... I should have it up next week some time...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)