CAMC errors, DirecTV System Failure Update

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well apparently the system is still down, and nobody has any clue when it will be back up. I can't believe they don't have some kind of backup way of doing this. I hope I can get my new HD box working before tomorrow's football games.

i just left a customer home install the new Hd tivo combo and could not get it actived said they would get back with him within 24 hours

Yeah... I had one guy on the phone tonight that I couldnt fix. Basically I could have fixed it, had the idiots in the billing department not decided they were tech support and messed his account up again. I sent him a new card for that reciever, and ended up giving him a 50 dollar credit to go buy himself a receiver tomorrow at retail so he can watch tv in the meantime.

Ill be so glad when they get rid of the current billing dept... come on, 2006!

Oh... Elf... the memo is in the customer affecting issues section of our um... top secret information thingy ;) Click on the CAI flag up top, then Equipment. First link. =)

I'm assuming there are still a great amount of problems. I had an 80hr DirecTivo installed this morning and it won't connect to the dial in numbers and every time I try to call D* to activate it I get a busy signal.

As of 9:30Am CST, CAMC is totally dead. I get the "connection refused by host" message. For a few mins I was getting the Telnet terminated message. Damn today is going to be LONG, thank God that I get off work at 3 and won't have to deal with people who can't see the playoffs. I don't think the new version of Rio is going to be any better.

So I got my Directv HD rec. installed 1:30 pm Friday.
Not activated this morning! Called and was told someone
would call back.

What is really broken at Dtv and when could I expect
to watch TV!

And what's the longest someone here has been waiting
to activate a new rec.

Thanks
:mad: :mad:

CAMC is what we need to do our job basically. I've been monitoring it every few mins to see if it's back up. Ugh I'm not looking forward to getting back from lunch :/

I installed my R10 yesterday and called to activate it and she said it should be on and all I could get was channel 400, so I said I will try something and will call them back. Don't know if this will help but after I got off the phone, I went through the whole process again (getting satellite info and all that good stuff )to get channel 100 to come up and after 2 times of doing this I got all of the channels but then I had problems calling in to get the tivo service I had to go through 6 different numbers to get it to D/L the info

I've trying to get through all day to activate my new DVR and the system is still down. This is inexcusable for a company as large as D*. There should be a reasonable back up plan in place.

jmf243 said:
I've trying to get through all day to activate my new DVR and the system is still down. This is inexcusable for a company as large as D*. There should be a reasonable back up plan in place.

I agree...this is ridiculous. I've been waiting since yesterday to get my HD turned on. I'm quickly losing hope that I will get it activated this weekend.

I'm an idiot. I read these boards and knew that D* was having computer problems. So what did I go out and do? I upgraded a receiver. I took the old one apart. Hooked up the new one. Got channel 100 perfectly, set up by NSTC channels and my basic cable. All working fine. Called D* to have them swap out the old receiver with the new and got told. "We'll call you when its ready to go." Are you kidding me? I've swapped out 3 receivers already and they did it instantly.

So, several hours later, and still no call, or card activation, I call D* and a recording tells me they can't access my account..."call back in a few hours". So I call the new account area and ask "what's the problem?". "Big problem. Maybe they'll get to me on Monday."

Like I said, its my fault. This board warned me. :mad:

I know systems do go down during migrations of systems. So the unexpected cirumstances are somewhat understandable. While I agree with most that there should have been a backup plan of some kind. I just want to know who's idea it was to do this the month before Superbowl. Seems to me that this month has to be one of D*'s biggest months for activation. My original installation date was Dec 30th, just finally got them here today. Great guys, and it ended up working out for the best. Was able to get the new H10 model and a new R10 for upstairs (They just got the H10s this week).

Knew something was going to go wrong when I tried to log into my account online this morning and couldn't get in. But at least the hardware is in, and now I only have to wait for activation. Lets just hope they don't take as long as last time to get everything back up.

And to all the CSR's and installers that read this board, and contribute. We really do appreciate taking your time to give us heads up when you find out info. Thank you to all of you. I would hate to be in your shoes this weekend. Just be glad it isn't Superbowl weekend. Can you imagine?

I had the OTA antenna installed today, and guess which HD channel I can't get. Yep CBS. But luckily we didn't cancel digital cable, so we can at least watch it in SD.

GO STEELERS!

Darrell

alta said:
So, several hours later, and still no call, or card activation, I call D* and a recording tells me they can't access my account..."call back in a few hours". So I call the new account area and ask "what's the problem?". "Big problem. Maybe they'll get to me on Monday."

So the impression they gave you was that this wouldn't be fixed until after the weekend? I sure hope they are at least working on it!

Well, I dont know about today, but yesterday when billing system went down, our other system was still working fine. It used to be totally dependant on billing to function, but yesterday I was ordering ppv and activating cards, sending authorizations and everything just fine. Any reps that already have the 2.3 logins *should* be able to still process these requests, unless there is a serious problem. I wonder if everyone realizes we can use the 2.3 now even when billing is down? I didnt realize until I was playing with it yesterday when I had a woman on the phone who really wanted her ppv. At first I had told her I wouldnt be able to order it at the moment, but would as soon as it came up for her... but then I said hang on, let me try something, and put it through our 2.3 system... Not only did it go through just fine, but even quicker that it always was before (used to take 5-10 minutes in this system, this request took around a minute to process).

If you call and someone tells you they cant do it, ask if they 2.3 - and if so tell them to try it in there. If not, ask to be transferred back into the queue, or try calling back untill you get someone. I think about 50% of us have it already.

(*FYI* THey are getting rid of the billing system in February-March. This downtime may be the first steps of that process. Everything is going to be done in 2.3 now)

So should I call 1-800-730-4742 activation number and have them look at the 2.3 thing? I Am REALLY pissed off because I lost all my receivers when they activated my new HD one friday. New episodes of Star Trek and BattleStar Galattica were out. What's the recourse for being without service? I think when the installer called, D* should warn them about losing all service until god knows when.

Thanks for hearing me out. I know it's not the CSR's fault, you all need a good raise for coming to the boards and helping out!!

David Malanick

Ask for a time w/o service credit. THey will probably offer you a few dollars (depending on your subscription and how long you didnt recieve services), or a month or two of free showtime at your choosing.

Id actually call the technical dept. We can do everything there that they can do in the billing (activations) dept, except we are more than just trained monkies, no offense to billing... but geez, lol.

Call 1-800-695-9251 for tier 2.

You might get bumped back into tier 1 queue if the wait time is more than 30 minutes. But considering that a lot of tier 1 agents only seem to know how to transfer, you'll get put back into the queue till you get T2 anyway.

New episodes of Star Trek and BattleStar Galattica were out

Thanks, I can't stop laughing !!!

Haha, I haven't even been trained yet on 2.3, but I hope it's a crapload faster than the version I use now. It takes FOREVER to process a payment, yeesh. I left work at 3, and my team leader said that they were expecting it to be back up about 4pm CST. I'll see tomorrow if that's true or not.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts