Can 2 TVs receive signal from VIP 622?

jasonhutch

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 16, 2007
I have a VIP 622 that outputs it's signal to Cable TV channel 73. We have a 2nd TV in the bedroom that receives this signal with no problems. Can multiple coax jacks in the house receive this same signal on channel 73 or only 1 TV? When I connect another TV to a different jack and tune to channel 73, I don't get a signal.

Thanks!

I have a VIP 622 that outputs it's signal to Cable TV channel 73. We have a 2nd TV in the bedroom that receives this signal with no problems. Can multiple coax jacks in the house receive this same signal on channel 73 or only 1 TV? When I connect another TV to a different jack and tune to channel 73, I don't get a signal.

Thanks!

is the 3rd tv connected with same coax. via spiliter ??? is the 3rd tv set on Antenna Type: Cable.. ???

You can connect as many as many TVs as you want to the modulated output of the 622. Make sure all TVs are set the same as the output on the 622; either OTA or cable channels. If you connect more than four sets, you may have to amplify the signal. I have the combined output output of two 622s and a OTA antenna connected to a distribution amplifier and eight TVs.

Thanks for all the help. I'll get up in the attic and see what the installer did with the splitter up there. The splitter was left over from a previous homeowner's cable install. I'm guessing the DN installer disconnected the coax connections to the rest of the house.

Thanks for all the help. I'll get up in the attic and see what the installer did with the splitter up there. The splitter was left over from a previous homeowner's cable install. I'm guessing the DN installer disconnected the coax connections to the rest of the house.

you might find Diplex there, it looks just like spilter, but it has in/out, sat, and uhf, label port.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)