Can 921 attach to two sets?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I own a 921 and want to move it to another part of the house, can I attach it to two sets? :confused:

Yes you can but of course the output will be "mirrored", both TV's see the same channel at the same time. Connect your HD TV via the component or DVI output, the other TV via the coaxial output (it says TV SET). The coaxial out is SD, of course. If your HD set has HDMI you'll need a HDMI to DVI cable. The picture is fine over just the components though. You would probably want to pick up another UHF remote to operate the 2nd TV from another room unless you don't mind moving the remote from room to room. I used my 921 like this. My sympathies to you with the buggy 921. Upgrade to a 722 or 622 when you can, soooo much better! Hope this helps.

ED

You will only be able to watch ONE program on ONE set. Either the HD set or the SD set. You will NOT be able to watch both at the same time because the 921 cannot send out both HD and SD at the same time, it's only HD or SD.

One set is HD the other SD. Will I be able to watch different programs or will they have to be mirrored?

They are mirrored. You can watch HD on your HD set only, of course--when the the HD output is enabled (blue light on the receiver). If you connect one set of the COMPOSITE (NOT COMPONENTS) outputs to your HD TV and the coaxial out to your SD set, BOTH TV's can be viewed at the same time but ONLY on the same channel and only in SD. You need to enable SD from your receiver (yellow light). You can change the output with the remote but it is hard to guess what's going on when the receiver isn't in view. I got used to changing it from the bedroom and didn't have any problem with it. You will have to choose a different input on your HD TV to view SD via the COMPOSITE outputs from the 921 and you will be watching SD (480i) only. You CAN enable BOTH HD and SD at the same time by holding down the output button on the receiver but you'll get a message telling you that your receiver might not funtion properly this way. I never had a problem doing it but then again both TV's were never active at the same time for very long. I was just testing to see if it worked and it did. Good Luck!

Ed

Last edited:
Holding down the output button is suppose to be a safety method to ensure an output. I think you get 480p, perhaps 480i, on the DVI and component and, of course, 480i on composite/coax. So while this would allow both sets to work you will not get 720p nor 1080i.
-Ken

Holding down the output button is suppose to be a safety method to ensure an output. I think you get 480p, perhaps 480i, on the DVI and component and, of course, 480i on composite/coax. So while this would allow both sets to work you will not get 720p nor 1080i.
-Ken

That is correct, it's 480p on DVI/component and you have to go back into setup to reset your HD to 720p or 1080i--PITA. It is pretty easy to utilize the receiver to deliver TV to two locations though. I used mine like that for several years, just changing the output to SD when I wanted to watch TV in the bedroom and back to HD for viewing in the family room--had an extra UHF remote in the bedroom. The receiver retains your HD settings (720p or 1080i) when you just switch the outputs back and forth. Worked fine for just the wife and I (as well as a 921 can, anyway:rolleyes:) it probably wouldn't be worth it if you had several others in the household.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)