Dish500 DPP Twin Question

Trippster11

Original poster
Aug 1, 2007
First of all, thanks for your help with this!

Got a Dish500 DPP Twin with the following ports: two on the left side labeled "1" and "2" and then one on the right side labeled "LNIB".

I'm only running one receiver (322) and one TV on my tailgate setup, so can I just run one R6 line from either the "1" or "2" port and run this to my receiver?

I'm confused with what to hookup to the Dish 500 as the literature is vague.

Once I figure out the hookup, I assume I first run a "check switch" and then try to obtain a signal with correct skew, elevation and then AZ.

Thanks for the help!!!! I need it!!!

I had the same setup. This LNB is setup to be hooked up to 2 recievers and also accept another input from a different dish looking at 61.5 or 148 or other satellite then 110, 119. Since you will be only looking at 119,110 i assume, then dont worry about the LNIB connection. Either hook up to one of the remainging two ports on the lnb and run the cable to the back of your receiver. The run a check switch and set your zipcode and the appropriate satellite in the reciever menu/installation screen. That will tell you where to set the skew/az/al etc. Moving according to the numbers on the screen, move the dish up down left right untill the signal bar turn green and has lokced message. After that you are set to go.

I had the same setup. This LNB is setup to be hooked up to 2 recievers and also accept another input from a different dish looking at 61.5 or 148 or other satellite then 110, 119. Since you will be only looking at 119,110 i assume, then dont worry about the LNIB connection. Either hook up to one of the remainging two ports on the lnb and run the cable to the back of your receiver. The run a check switch and set your zipcode and the appropriate satellite in the reciever menu/installation screen. That will tell you where to set the skew/az/al etc. Moving according to the numbers on the screen, move the dish up down left right untill the signal bar turn green and has lokced message. After that you are set to go.

Correct - just 110 and 119. So just run one R6 cable to either the "1" or "2" port on my dish and hook into my receiver. Seems easy enough!

I bet I messed around with this for 3 hours trying to get a signal and trying various combinations of connections. Hopefully tomorrow will go better!

Thanks!

ok to use the dpp correctly.. one line from either port to the separator supplied in the 322 box.. if you didnt get one flag a tech down. this make the combined signal that the dpp twin makes separate. you may also diplex tv 2 down the same line and then break it back apart at your cable box with another diplexer. if you want to do that i can explain, just let me know

He said it's one TV, therefore he doesn't need to worry about the separator and/or TV 2. Just run a coax from one of the outputs of the LNB to input 1 on the 322.

Thanks for zapping him dfergie. Sorry about quoting his post in my response I just didn't want the OP to think I was talking about him. :)

Thanks for zapping him dfergie. Sorry about quoting his post in my response I just didn't want the OP to think I was talking about him. :)

I'm lost with all this, but that's ok. :up

Hopefully all the advice provided cures my woes and we'll pick up the 119 and 110 today down at the lot before the Colts game!

Thanks again.

If your using a 322 you need 1 line and a separator or two lines from the dish without separator. Dish dual tuner receivers don't work correctly with only 1 tuner connected.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts