Hd Price

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

blanquitoman1984

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2007
Fontana, CA
I was wondering if you guys thought the price of dish hd was high, compared to the price if you where with directv? Cable gives you some channels for free in hd.

I don't see it. After pricing packages with equipment the difference is not significant for me. But that can depend on what channels you CAN'T live without or the number of receivers you need. Dish works for me for now mostly for the two room DVR.

D* may be cheaper right now on HD, but with all of their new channels, I don't expect that to last. I can't really comment on cable, because I haven't had it in more than 20 years.

Cable gives you some channels for free in hd.

Cable, D*, E* or the guy at the gas station selling stereo equipment out of a white panel van — none of them give you anything for free. If they provide you with the service you want at a price you can tolerate, you get a good deal. The ultimate motivation is to make as much as they can. None of them really give you anything for free.

I am in no way advocating buying stuff from the guy in the white panel van, just repeating the ages old axiom — carpe diem.

I was wondering if you guys thought the price of dish hd was high, compared to the price if you where with directv? Cable gives you some channels for free in hd.

For my particular package choices, E* was about $3-4 more than D* and about $20 less than cable, although the comparison to cable is unfair since my local TWC cable offers many fewer HD channels than E* or D*. For the minimal price difference, I felt that E* offered a better HD-DVR than D*, so that was the real deciding factor for me.

As for the "free" HD cable offers, be sure you can receive clear QAM. Not all HDTVs can. Some can only receive ATSC which will not work with the cable supplied HD.

Ted

<snip> I am in no way advocating buying stuff from the guy in the white panel van, just repeating the ages old axiom — carpe diem.

Don't you mean Caveat Emptor?

I'm debating dumping D* for E* right now. The driving factor for me is the $200 D* wants to upgrade my hardware. This is kind of a painful subject for me since they screwed me on 2 rebates already. E* may be getting a new customer in a day or 2 unless someone tells my why D* is worth $200 more than E*.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)