Can a Hopper and Joeys co-exist with a 311K receiver?

Tom91739

Original poster
Feb 2, 2017
Rancho Cucamonga, CA
Greetings,

I would like to upgrade my receivers and wonder if what I want to do is even possible.

Currently I have a VIP722k in my family room and a coax runs up to the master bedroom for that tv. Next I have two stand alone 311k receivers, one in the kitchen and the other in the den. The kitchen receiver is moved to my motorhome when camping.

What I would like to do is upgrade the family room VIP722k to a Hopper 3 and put a Joey in the master bedroom and another in the den. With this configuration can I leave the 311k in the kitchen so I can use this receiver when I go camping? Is this a standard request to upgrade from SD to HD receivers like I want to do or will I encounter resistance from Dish? I have been with dish forever and am hoping I don't have to pay a huge upgrade fee.

Thanks for you assistance.

Thanks Matt. It looks like I'll need to upgrade to...
Hopper 3
Joey
Joey
Wally (This will also work with the dish on the RV)

Anyone know if this is an expensive upgrade or if they do an upgrade like this for a small fee or for free?

Thanks Matt. It looks like I'll need to upgrade to...
Hopper 3
Joey
Joey
Wally (This will also work with the dish on the RV)

Anyone know if this is an expensive upgrade or if they do an upgrade like this for a small fee or for free?
That's a question for Matt (or any DIRT rep on line). Depends on your account status.

You will have to buy the 211/Wally so about a $100 there. DIRT will have to help you with the rest of the upgrade costs.
The last time I checked, Dish only charges $50 for a purchased ViP211k, so that is an option if money is tight, and if the other models are more expensive.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts