Can a person use 4K on DirecTV with only just one TV hooked up?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

edisonprime

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 12, 2012
In my apartment, I only have a spot for one TV currently, but eventually I plan to get a 4K 3D TV and sell my current 3D TV. After that I plan to replace my TiVo Roamio (for my OTA channels) with a TiVo Bolt for 4K, and also for DirecTV replace my HR44 with a HR54 and a 4K Genie Mini (for I know I need two receivers for 4K). (The TV I eventually plan to get is not DirecTV RVU.) Anyways, with that in mind, could I have both receivers hooked up to the TV, but on different inputs? If I needed to as well, I could unplug the HDMI cord from the main box after it's programmed and just use the Mini. But will that work?

Yes you can have both hooked up to same TV on different inputs. That is how I have mine hooked up. I use a Logitech Harmony remote in IR for the HR54 and had to put a piece of electrical tape over the sensor on the C61K. I use the RF remote for it.

In my apartment, I only have a spot for one TV currently, but eventually I plan to get a 4K 3D TV and sell my current 3D TV. After that I plan to replace my TiVo Roamio (for my OTA channels) with a TiVo Bolt for 4K, and also for DirecTV replace my HR44 with a HR54 and a 4K Genie Mini (for I know I need two receivers for 4K). (The TV I eventually plan to get is not DirecTV RVU.) Anyways, with that in mind, could I have both receivers hooked up to the TV, but on different inputs? If I needed to as well, I could unplug the HDMI cord from the main box after it's programmed and just use the Mini. But will that work?
What size & model 4k 3D TV do you plan on getting? LG has this model(If I accurately cut & pasted it using my Kindle Fire). You can use a RVU connection for it, but you'll still have to pay the same extra cost as you would for a C61k.
Amazon product ASIN B01ARRCHSS

What size & model 4k 3D TV do you plan on getting? LG has this model(If I accurately cut & pasted it using my Kindle Fire). You can use a RVU connection for it, but you'll still have to pay the same extra cost as you would for a C61k.
Link doesn't work. Anyways, since I love 3D, and active 3D at that, and that it must have simulated 3D in it (and the newer models don't carry that). I plan to get a Sony XBR-65X950B (a 2014 model still being produced and sold). I can get that at Best Buy. It has everything I want. It's a little expensive but, as soon as my job situation gets better (which should be in about one or two months), I will save up for it. (The price on the Sony site itself is not accurate.) If it's no longer being made when the time comes I'll just find it somewhere online.

Interesting, on the normal page the link doesn't work, but on quotes it does (at least on my computer).

Link doesn't work. Anyways, since I love 3D, and active 3D at that, and that it must have simulated 3D in it (and the newer models don't carry that). I plan to get a Sony XBR-65X950B (a 2014 model still being produced and sold). I can get that at Best Buy. It has everything I want. It's a little expensive but, as soon as my job situation gets better (which should be in about one or two months), I will save up for it. (The price on the Sony site itself is not accurate.) If it's no longer being made when the time comes I'll just find it somewhere online.
Note that the 65X950B does not support HDR. This means that it will not support the full capability of UHD 4K Blu-Ray discs. And will not support the enhanced HDR versions of Netflix and Amazon UHD content.

Directv is also expected to include HDR in some future content.

Note that the 65X950B does not support HDR. This means that it will not support the full capability of UHD 4K Blu-Ray discs. And will not support the enhanced HDR versions of Netflix and Amazon UHD content.
That's okay. I don't need everything. I already have enough junk. I just want the 3D function to include simulated 3D. HDR would be nice but it isn't a must.

Status
Please reply by conversation.