Can a sg9120b mounting post fit a sg9120 motor- if I can get one

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bewisehm

Original poster
Jan 29, 2011
CINCINNATI
Im a newbe: I bought a SG9120 off ebay and now I find since I received my Geostat Pro 90cm dish it doesn't fit. :mad:
Other Equipment
Openbox s9 hd
Pansat 2500
DMX241 C LNBF + Invacom QPH-031 LNB

Thanks for the advise and help

I don't think this can be done without the entire motor being disassembled. The methods of attaching the mounting post are different on the 'B' model, which uses a hex key bolt through a shaft. I have both motors, and they are different in this regard.

that dish and motor are not compatible and never will be....you need to replace the motor or the dish....this is the reason they started producing the "B" model/version....i got an SG9120 given to me for free....unfortunately my dish at the time was a 36 inch fortec which was not compatible either....so i had to buy a 39 incher which would fit.....this was before the "B" model/version was available....

I don't think this can be done without the entire motor being disassembled. The methods of attaching the mounting post are different on the 'B' model, which uses a hex key bolt through a shaft. I have both motors, and they are different in this regard.

That's correct.

In order to do that, you would need to change both the main gear and the shaft. With the GeosatPro dish, you will need to use the SG9120B model.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)