Can-am And Starchoice ????

msav

Original poster
Mar 3, 2005
Ok. Looks like I am late to the party on this one.

I have /had a broker Can-am to get Starchoice (shaw) I just sent them an email to have them enable NFL sunday Ticket, That is pretty much all I subscribed for, (hence Why I have not noticed all this until now) I don't even what the satellite except for football season. Well starchoice is still charging my Credit card as up yesterday.

My question,

What do I do now. (if my satellite is even still working) Does anyone have any other leads on another broker.

Edit. i am still getting programming. How can I ad Sunday Ticket this year. without knowing my account number and contacting Shaw/Starchoice.

Advice is greatly needed,

Thanks Guys

Mark

Last edited:
Camam used a fictitious name to establish your account. Without knowing that name there is nothing you can do. I called Shaw to change the credit card on my account. They found the account using the Unit ID. They would not give me any information about my account or let me make any changes except for replacing the credit card. The rep said it was due to Canadian privacy law, they could only make changes for the person the account is registered to.

Their website began to show "down for maintenance" in the late summer of 2008. This followed a raid on their business that was orchestrated by one of the American Satellite Providers for having brokered that provider's service to Canadians. Those Americans who were using them to obtain Canadian service were caught in the middle as collateral damage.

There are threads on this forum on the subject dated early last fall.

Are you guys talking about the company that uses Largo Communications as its business name with a Florida address? I set up with them a few years back and will need to call them with a few changes. The number I had was 954-234-2505. Are they still in business?

Are you guys talking about the company that uses Largo Communications as its business name with a Florida address? I set up with them a few years back and will need to call them with a few changes. The number I had was 954-234-2505. Are they still in business?

Click on the link and see for yourself:

CanAm Satelllites - discontinued

They are not in business anymore.

I am having a similar problem. I also subscribed though Canam in 2004 and Star Choice last charged my credit card on Sept 21st 2009.

I got home tonight and service is gone. Is there a way to make these units valid? I understand that Canam is a goner and accept that there is some risk with a grey market subscription. I knew this day was coming but didn't expect it to happen until my credit card expired which is a few years from now.

If there is a way to make these boxes valid or make sure Star Choice stops charging me?

You can cancel your credit card or tell your CC company you want a new card number. I did the latter. I tired calling Bell but they wanted the name and pin number of the account which CanAM never gave me. The Bell rep would not help at all without the correct information. Maybe Shaw Direct will be more helpful but I doubt it, only one way to find out for sure...

The one big thing is that you must have a Canadian address to your name, or the name you use on the account.

CanAm has changed their name and phone number. They only handle Shaw Direct (Star Choice) now. If you want their new phone number pm me.