[Digiwave] Can an FTA LNB receive signals from two different satellites

stinkygopher1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 28, 2020
Saint John NB CA
Hi.I am new to satellite setup and I was wondering if it is possible to get signal from two different satellites at the same time.I was trying to get a signal from Galaxy 19 and ended up with a signal from both Galaxy 19 and SES 3. I have a 33 in. Digiwave disk a cheap standard ku lnb. Just wondering if someone could explain how this is possible. Thanks.

:welcome to SatelliteGuys!!

You would need to get another LNBF and buy or fashion a mount to use two LNBFs. Then you can run both through a switch, then on to your receiver.
Take a read here:

I think if you had the dish out of alignment or if the dish was warped you might be able to get 2 satelites at the same time but the signal would be degraded too much.to receive very many channels.

The signal seems to be good.It's showing right around 80 percent.I laid the dish on a flat surface before I installed and it was good. No gaps.How much would it have to be out to make it do that?Like I said, I am new to this so any and all info is a big help.
I think if you had the dish out of alignment or if the dish was warped you might be able to get 2 satelites at the same time but the signal would be degraded too much.to receive very many channels.

What's the signal from SES3 that you got? Was it CGTN in English? Because it's also on Galaxy 3C @95W...

That one easily mixes with Galaxy 19 signals as it's usually a stronger signal and if the dish is slightly off toward the east, you start getting the CGTN transponder among Galaxy 19 transponders.

getting SES3 and Galaxy 19 simultaneously on one LNBF would be very unlikely. The only way would be that the LNBF is getting a side lobe, unlikely on a 33in dish unless it's warped, as other have suggested.

From SES3 I get Cozi tv,NBC, NHK World and a few others.One question I have is when I do a search for transponders I only get three of the radio stations and it shows many on the list.Is there a reason for that? And it is Galaxy 17 I am getting and not 19 as I had previously stated.I just checked the channel list on 17 and its the same as the list on SES3.Whats up with that? And thanks for the help!

From SES3 I get Cozi tv,NBC, NHK World and a few others.One question I have is when I do a search for transponders I only get three of the radio stations and it shows many on the list.Is there a reason for that? And it is Galaxy 17 I am getting and not 19 as I had previously stated.I just checked the channel list on 17 and its the same as the list on SES3.Whats up with that? And thanks for the help!

The radio channels (Mood, former Muzak) you are talking about have to be manually entered into your receiver. We need to know your receiver to determine how the can be entered.

If I understand you correctly , your LNB is pointed at 103w (SES3), and that is where you are getting your channels. Galaxy 17 is at 91w, so there is no way you are getting channels from it. All receivers are dumb, they have no idea (nor do they care!) what satellite you are on. Right now you could blind scan every satellite listed in your receiver and it would add the transponders and channels for 103w to whatever satellite you are on in the list.

Reactions: FTA4PA
The radio channels (Mood, former Muzak) you are talking about have to be manually entered into your receiver. We need to know your receiver to determine how the can be entered.

If I understand you correctly , your LNB is pointed at 103w (SES3), and that is where you are getting your channels. Galaxy 17 is at 91w, so there is no way you are getting channels from it. All receivers are dumb, they have no idea (nor do they care!) what satellite you are on. Right now you could blind scan every satellite listed in your receiver and it would add the transponders and channels for 103w to whatever satellite you are on in the list.
All I have right now is Ibravebox V8 satellite finder . I understand what you are saying and I see that now.

Reactions: Keith Brannen
I can remember when I putting up a 8' BUD(C-Band) at my old house in about '94.I had it just flopped off to the side while I was getting SuperJack mounted.The damn thing was completely horizontal,pointing to the new steel church across a 10 acre field.I walked in the house to get something,and the TV had a signal,lmao!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)