Can ANY city hosting major sporting events top THIS line-up??!!

ANY time Tiger plays...it is a major drawl. And when you include alot or most of the top ten in the World....it IS that big!

:D:D:D:D You kill me Salsa! Let's just cancel the Ryder Cup. We got the Doral Open! BTW - if you haven't noticed the Ryder Cup is contested by the top players in the world, (who are all there). I could be wrong but I think it's more than 10 just on the American team.:rolleyes: Please stop, my sides are hurting from laughing so hard!

:D:D:D:D You kill me Salsa! Let's just cancel the Ryder Cup. We got the Doral Open! BTW - if you haven't noticed the Ryder Cup is contested by the top players in the world, (who are all there). I could be wrong but I think it's more than 10 just on the American team.:rolleyes: Please stop, my sides are hurting from laughing so hard!

IF I am not mistaken, the top 8 MONEY WINNERS qualify and the captain picks 4. They do NOT got according to wins or world ranking. The Europeans pick according to world ranking. So with that said, UNLESS they are one of the captains picks, there is a chance someone in the top 15 COULD be left out because the captain just might not like him.

EVERY tournament that Tiger plays, you are ASSURED that the best of the best will play. As it stands, just about EVERYONE in the top 15 RANKED players in the world ARE playing. So the CA Championships do NOT have the NAME and the prestige the Ryder Cup has, I do assure you that the quality of the competition by what is committed to play at the tournament will be JUST AS good.

IF I am not mistaken, the top 8 MONEY WINNERS qualify and the captain picks 4. They do NOT got according to wins or world ranking. The Europeans pick according to world ranking. So with that said, UNLESS they are one of the captains picks, there is a chance someone in the top 15 COULD be left out because the captain just might not like him.

EVERY tournament that Tiger plays, you are ASSURED that the best of the best will play. As it stands, just about EVERYONE in the top 15 RANKED players in the world ARE playing. So the CA Championships do NOT have the NAME and the prestige the Ryder Cup has, I do assure you that the quality of the competition by what is committed to play at the tournament will be JUST AS good.

So let me get this straight....

The CA Championship played at Doral in Florida is as good as the Ryder Cup solely because of the quality of competition?

Let me set you straight. A few reasons why the Ryder is superior.....

• The stage is bigger at the Ryder Cup. They play at some of the most beautiful courses in the world, as opposed to ho-hum Doral Florida.
  • The Ryder Cup is more historic. It's been played since 1926, as opposed to the CA Championship that started in 1999.
  • The Ryder Cup is a competition so special, it only happens once every two years.
  • The Ryder Cup is a match-play event consisting of captains choosing the teams. The CA Championship is your average run-of-the-mill 72 hole tournament.
  • The comradery is at an all-time high as it's divided among the USA and Europeans. (I know how gun-hoe you are about the WBC Salsa. The Ryder Cup is that x 10).
  • The Ryder Cup is unique in that the players don't play for a lofty purse. They play for pride, the prestigious trophy and the honor of being the winner.

Any more questions?

So let me get this straight....

The CA Championship played at Doral in Florida is as good as the Ryder Cup solely because of the quality of competition?

Let me set you straight. A few reasons why the Ryder is superior.....

• The stage is bigger at the Ryder Cup. They play at some of the most beautiful courses in the world, as opposed to ho-hum Doral Florida.
  • The Ryder Cup is more historic. It's been played since 1926, as opposed to the CA Championship that started in 1999.
  • The Ryder Cup is a competition so special, it only happens once every two years.
  • The Ryder Cup is a match-play event consisting of captains choosing the teams. The CA Championship is your average run-of-the-mill 72 hole tournament.
  • The comradery is at an all-time high as it's divided among the USA and Europeans. (I know how gun-hoe you are about the WBC Salsa. The Ryder Cup is that x 10).
  • The Ryder Cup is unique in that the players don't play for a lofty purse. They play for pride, the prestigious trophy and the honor of being the winner.

Any more questions?

I am talking about the quality of play AND the quality of competition will be JUST AS GOOD because of all the players that are playing.

A couple of notes here...

- Have you EVER even sniffed "ho-hum" Doral Golf Country Club...EVER??!! The "ho-hum" Doral Golf Course's Blue Monster is known WORLD WIDE....not JUST in the States or JUST in North America...but WORLD WIDE. And considered one of THE TOUGHEST courses IN THE WORLD...infact, this course is one of the few WORLD WIDE that has been redone countless times to be "Tiger proof"...

- It has been host to Major golf tournaments since 1962, the CA Championship just started in 1999...as you previously state.

- And comparing the WBC which has only 2 tournaments in it's existance to the Ryder is stretching it quite a bit. ESPECIALLY when Golf is 10x the international game that baseball is....so the comparison is way beyond weak. But I guess to get your jab in, I will give a "B" for the effort.

I try hard to read up a couple of things before I post my comments, you should have done a little home work here before you stated anything about "ho-hum" Doral, it makes you look bad and with an ax to grind.;)

I am talking about the quality of play AND the quality of competition will be JUST AS GOOD because of all the players that are playing.

If I took that argument, that would be like saying an early regular season Yankees/Red Sox game is just as good as a Yankees/Red Sox game Game 7 of the ALCS. After all, you have "just as good of talent" in both games. To hell with what's at stake.... :rolleyes:

- Have you EVER even sniffed "ho-hum" Doral Golf Country Club...EVER??!! The "ho-hum" Doral Golf Course's Blue Monster is known WORLD WIDE....not JUST in the States or JUST in North America...but WORLD WIDE. And considered one of THE TOUGHEST courses IN THE WORLD...infact, this course is one of the few WORLD WIDE that has been redone countless times to be "Tiger proof"...

And btw, I've been to the other WGC Course here in Beautiful Ohio. It's the world renowned Firestone Country Club outside of Akron, Oh. This is the other "Tiger-Proof" course. It's know for their 16th Hole, a 667 yard, par-5! One of the longest par 5s in existence. A pond in front of the green adds more than its fair share of difficulty to the hole.

I had my wedding reception there, walked the course to take pictures and got to play there too.

If I took that argument, that would be like saying an early regular season Yankees/Red Sox game is just as good as a Yankees/Red Sox game Game 7 of the ALCS. After all, you have "just as good of talent" in both games. To hell with what's at stake.... :rolleyes:

Apples and oranges. You are comparing a team sports that culminate to a playoff to see who is best. In Golf, you go to Q-school and once you win a couple of tournaments, you have a very good chance of playing in the US, British Opens, Masters and PGA Championship. AND once you win and, if I am not mistaken, finish in the top 5....you will always be invited. IF you win the WORLD SERIES, you might not even make the playoffs next year.

...THIS TIME, I will give you an "A" for effort....but that is the worst analogy you could have used.

Apples and oranges. You are comparing a team sports that culminate to a playoff to see who is best. In Golf, you go to Q-school and once you win a couple of tournaments, you have a very good chance of playing in the US, British Opens, Masters and PGA Championship. AND once you win and, if I am not mistaken, finish in the top 5....you will always be invited. IF you win the WORLD SERIES, you might not even make the playoffs next year.

...THIS TIME, I will give you an "A" for effort....but that is the worst analogy you could have used.

Huh?

I give you an "F" for your terrible attempt at spinning.

And btw, I've been to the other WGC Course here in Beautiful Ohio. It's the world renowned Firestone Country Club outside of Akron, Oh. This is the other "Tiger-Proof" course. It's know for their 16th Hole, a 667 yard, par-5! One of the longest par 5s in existence. A pond in front of the green adds more than its fair share of difficulty to the hole.

I had my wedding reception there, walked the course to take pictures and got to play there too.

OH and BTW, was not trying to make Doral Country Club BETTER than anyone elses course....I KNOW that the Firestone Country Club is a beautiful golf course and home to many great tournaments....but the last thing I would of called Firestone is "ho-hum"...:rolleyes: ALSO, Doral is an incorporated city WITHIN Miami, Florida....AKRON, Ohio would fall alot easier into the "ho-hum" category than Miami would....;)

OH and BTW, was not trying to make Doral Country Club BETTER than anyone elses course....I KNOW that the Firestone Country Club is a beautiful golf course and home to many great tournaments....but the last thing I would of called Firestone is "ho-hum"...:rolleyes: ALSO, Doral is an incorporated city WITHIN Miami, Florida....AKRON, Ohio would fall alot easier into the "ho-hum" category than Miami would....;)

I was kidding by the term "ho-hum." But I WAS trying to show you that Doral AND Firestone for that matter are a step down to some of the prestigious courses that they play during the Ryder Cups.

Huh?

I give you an "F" for your terrible attempt at spinning.

There is NO SPIN. ALL of the golf tournaments at the end of the year do not lead up to ONE CHAMPIONSHIP that determines who is the best for the whole season. TEAM SPORTS do.

Again, you are comparing apples and oranges....but hey, you go and do that, you are entitled to it.

Again, you are comparing apples and oranges....but hey, you go and do that, you are entitled to it.

Aren't YOU the one getting your apples, oranges, papayas, grapes and raspberries twisted by comparing the Doral Classic to the Ryder Cup?!

After all, the Doral is a singles, stroke tournament. The Ryder is a team, match play event.

Aren't YOU the one getting your apples, oranges, papayas, grapes and raspberries twisted by comparing the Doral Classic to the Ryder Cup?!

After all, the Doral is a singles, stroke tournament. The Ryder is a team, match play event.

I am NOT COMPARING TOURNAMENTS...Jesus, Mary and Joseph!!!! I am comparing that talent that plays in both...there is no difference because the same players show up for the different events...ONE is a team event, the other is a individual event.

It's like trying to compare a Cadillac Escalade and a Cadillac STS....you can argue that an SUV is better than a care ALL YOU WANT....but in the end, you are still getting A CADILLAC!

YOU on the other hand, are trying to compare a individual sport like golf, where it has NO ULTIMATE CHAMPIONSHIP to crown an ULTIMATE CHAMPION for that season...to baseball, where you play games in a team concept leading up to a championship game/series to determine who is the best.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)