MVP for 08-09 NBA SEASON

who do you rhink should be the NBA MVP this season?

• Kobe Bryant

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Lebron James

Votes: 4 36.4%
  • Dwayne Wade

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rey

@ your service
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 8, 2008
Florida
vote for who you think should be the MVP this year

nba.jpg

EVERYONE knows MY vote. But I have a strange feeling we will see a situation similar to when Karl Malone was actually voted as MVP over Michael Jordan or when Shaq lost it his 1st year in Miami to Steve Nash.

It will obviously not be Wade because of the record. It has been proven you have to be the best or 2nd best team in the regular season to win MVP. It is between Kobe and LeBron, LeBron will get it due to the media feast for him while Kobe will be more deserving.

It will obviously not be Wade because of the record. It has been proven you have to be the best or 2nd best team in the regular season to win MVP. It is between Kobe and LeBron, LeBron will get it due to the media feast for him while Kobe will be more deserving.

Interesting point...and a true one. We all know Kobe was deserving of the MVP INSTEAD of Nowitzki a couple of years back...and his team(Dallas) got bounced out of the playoffs by an 8th seed(Golden State).

Kobe is "more deserving"? Pulease.

Have you even seen more than 3 Cavs game this year? If you or anyone else has, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

LeBron is having a historic year. The things he's doing is unprecedented even in the history of the game! I've already went into great detail on this subject in another thread. You know where I stand. If this was any other year, it would be a no-brainer for D-Wade, but what LeBron is doing is something really special.

If this was any other year, it would be a no-brainer for D-Wade, but what LeBron is doing is something really special.

What Lebron is doing is no different than last year. What the TEAM IS DOING, that is another story. You said it yourself, statistically, he was BETTER last year. So what IS the difference....it's supporting cast. THERE in lies the difference.

Here is ANOTHER monkey wrench, Lebron is THE BEST PLAYER in the game, but may not be the Cavs MVP....that I would say is Mo Williams...

...but that is just a different look to the whole argument....LOL!;)

What Lebron is doing is no different than last year. What the TEAM IS DOING, that is another story. You said it yourself, statistically, he was BETTER last year. So what IS the difference....it's supporting cast. THERE in lies the difference.

Here is ANOTHER monkey wrench, Lebron is THE BEST PLAYER in the game, but may not be the Cavs MVP....that I would say is Mo Williams...

I said his PPG was higher last year. That doesn't mean he was better last year. Quite the opposite actually.

LeBron is actually more efficient this year and at any point in his career. He's a better player this year and that's referenced by the PER stat I keep referring to.

LeBron has played a career few minutes. He's sat the entire 4th quarter in almost 10 games this year! When he's on the court, his production is up though. The stats he's still producing is anything short of amazing.

That sounds more like an argument for LeBron. This guy (Williams) would not be getting the looks he's getting if LeBron wasn't his teammate. This guy's game is at a higher level since he came to Clevelend. Coincidence? I think not.

BTW, I didn't vote, there's a quarter of the season left. If I did vote, Being first in one's conference would sway my vote a lot more than being a lower rung seed. The truth is all of these guys teams would not be impressive without them.

Kobe is "more deserving"? Pulease.

Have you even seen more than 3 Cavs game this year? If you or anyone else has, this wouldn't even be a discussion.

LeBron is having a historic year. The things he's doing is unprecedented even in the history of the game! I've already went into great detail on this subject in another thread. You know where I stand. If this was any other year, it would be a no-brainer for D-Wade, but what LeBron is doing is something really special.
LeBron couldn't beat the Lakers either time, nor the Celtics without KG. How does LeBron deserve it?

Look I am all for DWade, but I believe the Eastern Conference is too weak for him to have any hope. He wouldn't be in the playoffs in the west which is going to throw a lot of votes away for him. Deserving player, I would be happy to see him win, but disappointed with voters at the same time because Kobe lost out to Nash once and then to Nowitzki(deserved it at LEAST one of those times)

Look I am all for DWade, but I believe the Eastern Conference is too weak for him to have any hope.

First off, I think all three players are great. That being said I vote for LeBron....HD has sold me with the mind-boggling numbers he's provided, and most importanly MY OWN EYES say LeBron. The man is just a B-E-A-S-T. Again, not taking anything away from Kobe or D-Wade.

Now, your claim that the East is "too weak" I had to laugh at. The bottom six of the West is historically awful combined. Your Lakers have the benefit of playing Sacramento, Clippers, Memphis, Oklahoma City, Minnesota and Golden St four times EACH. That's 24 games (almost one third of the Lakers schedule) against six of the worst seven teams in the NBA. LeBron and D-Wade don't have the benefit of that.

Even some of the West's "stronger" teams, (Phoenix, Dallas, Denver, etc.) treat defense like it was a live grenade. Meanwhile, LeBron and D-Wade are getting beat up in the MUCH more physical East.

Sorry, I no longer buy the "West is so much stronger than the East" arguement. It's just not true anymore.

Now, your claim that the East is "too weak" I had to laugh at. The bottom six of the West is historically awful combined. Your Lakers have the benefit of playing Sacramento, Clippers, Memphis, Oklahoma City, Minnesota and Golden St four times EACH. That's 24 games (almost one third of the Lakers schedule) against six of the worst seven teams in the NBA. LeBron and D-Wade don't have the benefit of that.

The East has only one laughably bad team- Washington.

When the western teams besides the Clippers, Sactown, and Golden State are all better than:
Philadelphia
Detroit
Chicago
Milwaukee
Indiana
Charlotte

Lebron plays all of these teams 4 times. These are playoff contending teams in the East besides the obvious good Magic, Celtics, Cavaliers, and Hawks.

Lets see LeBron get the same record with his team playing these teams 4 times:
Lakers
Spurs
Nuggets
Jazz
Hornets
Rockets
Portland

Those are PLAYOFF teams in the west. The worst record of them all would be a top seed in the East. I don't know how it is arguable that the East is better than the West.

LeBron couldn't beat the Lakers either time, nor the Celtics without KG. How does LeBron deserve it?

Look I am all for DWade, but I believe the Eastern Conference is too weak for him to have any hope. He wouldn't be in the playoffs in the west which is going to throw a lot of votes away for him. Deserving player, I would be happy to see him win, but disappointed with voters at the same time because Kobe lost out to Nash once and then to Nowitzki(deserved it at LEAST one of those times)

The East is weak? You really don't watch the NBA outside of your Lakers, do you?

3 of the 4 best teams in the NBA come from the East.

On the contrary, 5 of the worst 6 teams in the NBA come from the West.

Simple math tells me that the East plays more games against the NBA's elite teams while the West plays more games against the NBA's worst teams.

First off, I think all three players are great. That being said I vote for LeBron....HD has sold me with the mind-boggling numbers he's provided, and most importanly MY OWN EYES say LeBron. The man is just a B-E-A-S-T. Again, not taking anything away from Kobe or D-Wade.

Finally, someone with some sense. :):up

The West has more elite teams than the East.

Wrong. There are four "elite" teams, and three of them are in the East.

The only place where the West is stronger is in the middle. But on the top and ESPECIALLY on the bottom the West is inferior.

When the western teams besides the Clippers, Sactown, and Golden State are all better than:
Philadelphia
Detroit
Chicago
Milwaukee
Indiana
Charlotte

You didn't mention Memphis, Minnesota and OKC.........what about them?

You seriously think that they're better than the teams you mentioned above? Milwaukee? :eek: Philly? :eek::eek: Detroit? :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Lebron plays all of these teams 4 times. These are playoff contending teams in the East besides the obvious good Magic, Celtics, Cavaliers, and Hawks.

Lets see LeBron get the same record with his team playing these teams 4 times:
Lakers
Spurs
Nuggets
Jazz
Hornets
Rockets
Portland

Those are PLAYOFF teams in the west. The worst record of them all would be a top seed in the East. I don't know how it is arguable that the East is better than the West.

Ever stop and think that the reason why the above teams have a better record than the East playoff hopefuls is because they get to play the " Sickly Six" four times each?

Last edited:
Because this has been an amazing sports weekend for me, with the WBC, Tiger Woods in town, Syracuse doing well in the Big East and NOW, the 1st round of the South Regional in Miami...including the 'Cuse....it has been are to keep up, so I will try to address alot things posted here, so here goes:

- ANYONE who thinks the East is weak, does not WATCH East coast basketball. There is probably 3 really good teams in the West and only ONE legit Championship team....and that is the Lakers. That it...PERIOD. Out East, there are 5 very good teams and 3 maybe even 4 have a legit chance of winning the title. IF the Heat played Sacramento, OKC, Golden State, the Minni-hahas, Memphis, the toe-Clippers and Phoenix more than 3 times a year, they would have a better record than they do now. Don't measure the East by the TOP, measure both Conferences from the bottom and the West is THE WORST, hands down.

- HD, you are funny....A ton of people THINK that Wade is the MVP...again, their opinion....no one is saying that Wade IS BETTERthan Lebron, just that this year, he is MVP. And you NOT ONLY take it personal, but assume EVERYYONE that DOES NOT agree with you is either crazy or makes no sense at all. The funniest part of you posting to Bill's comments was....you sounded like that American tourist dying to find someone, ANYONE that speaks his language in some far European land..."excuse me, do you speak english....? OMG, FINALLLY, someone speaks my language....!!" LMAO! Damn, I love your passion bro.....!;):up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)