Can anyone confirm HD-only will be available to existing customers after Feb. 1st?

STL

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 21, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I know I have seen it mentioned, but I haven't seen anything definitive. Will Dish Network be changing their policy for existing customers so they can down/sidegrade their packages tor HD-only TurboHD packages (after Feb. 1st) for the same prices new customers (meaning DishDVR Advantage TurboHD Silver would be $49.99 a month)?

I ask because I am signing up now and I don't want to get stuck with Classic Silver 200 + HD (for $67.99 a month) after the 6 months of intro discounts runs out. But since TurboHD Silver still is missing a couple channels I want -- that are supposedly coming in 2009 -- then it would be nice to get those SD channels for the first 6 months. With the into promos, during the first 6 months Classic Silver 200 + HD is only $3 more a month than TurboHD-only Silver.

Yes, but how do we know what is cheaper. Where are the details to what is being offered?

I currently have DishDVR Advantage with Classic Silver 200 + Silver HD with locals, so will DishDVR Advantage with TurboHD Silver and locals be cheaper?

35LKSA, edit the address you have in your post. Spammers scan public forums all the time for their spam database. You are screwing up a legit address.

Ok, I looked at the chart from the link above.

So looking at this chart:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/attachment.php?attachmentid=32148&d=1229699854

If I'm interpreting this correctly:

My current: DDA Classic Silver 200: $49 + $10 SilverHD + $5 locals + $5 misc = $70

so if I change then it would be

DDA Turbo Silver (which I believe includes both classic silver + silverHD): $49 + $5 locals + $6 misc =approx $60

Is this correct that I would be saving approx $10/mo or am I missing something?

Classic packages are the equivalent of the current "America's Top" packages.

The Turbo packages only have the HD channels, so they are cheaper since there are fewer channels in the package.

That address has been posted for so long its a lost battle trying to protect it from spam.

True - however, it's never too late to try to teach people that this is a bad habit and results in the address becoming useless.

I have to manage filtering for my company and even when you fight it everyday, hundreds of messages get through because the miscreants and scammers who generate spam are working harder to stay ahead. I block half a million spam messages a week and still they get in. You can tighten things up and drop that down to a trickle but then legit messages don't get through either.

There are plenty of posts here in the forum where people have sent a message to CEO but never got an answer. The reason? Spam and spam filtering.

Post your address and see what happens in just one week!

I think I'm headed for TurboHD Silver as soon as Comedy Central and Spike are added, although I'm still debating rather or not 2 channels (at least 2 I watch) and 3 RSNs are worth the $10 dollar difference from Bronze to Silver.

Besides FX, Speed, and BET, anyone remember what other rumored HD is currently in SD at AT200? I think IFC and AMC are there, too, but I have doubts those are coming soon.

You would probably pay for the DDA Classic Silver 200 Package ... and then pay the $10 add on for the Classic Gold 250 Bonus Pack as shown here.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts