Can anyone confirm HD-only will be available to existing customers after Feb. 1st?

I think I'm headed for TurboHD Silver as soon as Comedy Central and Spike are added, although I'm still debating rather or not 2 channels (at least 2 I watch) and 3 RSNs are worth the $10 dollar difference from Bronze to Silver.

Besides FX, Speed, and BET, anyone remember what other rumored HD is currently in SD at AT200? I think IFC and AMC are there, too, but I have doubts those are coming soon.
According to this thread, TurboHD Silver likely has Fox News, Nickelodeon, and VH1 coming too (since they are all in the AT200 package currently).

So I guess no one can answer my original question that started this thread? :confused:

Classic packages are the equivalent of the current "America's Top" packages.

The Turbo packages only have the HD channels, so they are cheaper since there are fewer channels in the package.

AHHHH!!! That really sucks then!!! I thought if it was labeled "DDA" that automatically meant it had the old America Top 200, ugh. :mad:

I would like to just switch to "HD only" but as people have noted, some channels are still not available yet.

According to this thread, TurboHD Silver likely has Fox News, Nickelodeon, and VH1 coming too (since they are all in the AT200 package currently).

So I guess no one can answer my original question that started this thread? :confused:

Nick and VH1 should be in Bronze, though, I think. Aren't they AT100?

I did some more research, and here is what I came up with:
Rainbow Media:
-AMC - American Movie Classics
-Independent Film Channel
-WE: Women's Entertainment
-Fuse
Fox:
-Fox News Channel (Though I expect this will go to AT100/Bronze)
-FX
-The Speed Channel
Misc:
-Black Entertainment TV
-G4 TV
-RFD TV

Not yet in HD, but possible this year:
-BBC America
-MSNBC
-Hallmark Channel
-Turner Classic Movies
-Oxygen

As to your original question, someone before posted a chat transcript where the CSR confirmed Turbo is available after Feb 1st. That is the closest to an official confirmation I've seen.

Nick and VH1 should be in Bronze, though, I think. Aren't they AT100?
That may very well be true. I was just looking to see what would be in the TurboHD Silver package because that is the one I plan to switch to.

As to your original question, someone before posted a chat transcript where the CSR confirmed Turbo is available after Feb 1st. That is the closest to an official confirmation I've seen.
Thanks for the info! It isn't and easy thing to search for because it can be phrased many different ways.

TurboHD looks like it's now available to existing subs (with less hassle)

I just logged in to my account, and noticed that under "Programming" there is now the option to switch to any of the TurboHD packages.

Now if only they'd add Comedy Central HD...

-- Dave

I just finished making the change online. I went from Classic Bronze 100 + Bronze HD + Platinum HD to Silver HD + Platinum HD. The comparison said that I would save about $10 a month, plus it offered me an additional $10 off for signing a 24 month comitment.

I just logged in to my account, and noticed that under "Programming" there is now the option to switch to any of the TurboHD packages. ...
Hmmm... When I log in and click on "Programming" I get...

"Changes to annual subscription services are not available through online support. To make changes to these services, please call 1-888-884-2741." :eek:

Could it be because I sub to HD Absolute?

Talon Dancer

Did you sign up for the annual Cinemax for a penny offer? I get the same message and that's the only programming I have subbed on an annual basis.

Did you sign up for the annual Cinemax for a penny offer? I get the same message and that's the only programming I have subbed on an annual basis.
Yes I also sub to the Cinemax penny offer. So maybe that's the glitch.

Although it seems a bit odd that Dish wouldn't let anyone change their programing online just because they get Cinemax for a penny/yr.

Talon Dancer

I have the same problem not being able to make programming changes via Dish's website. I thought my problem was that I have a commercial account because I reside in an MDU(apt. building). Online reps and regular CSR's can't ever make changes to my acct., because I always have to talk to a commercial account CSR. But, I also have the penny Cinemax deal, so maybe that's what it is. It's frustrating either way.

I live in apartment building and don't have a penny deal and can't change to turbo pack online.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts