Status
Please reply by conversation.

wvman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 19, 2014
N. Central WV
Here's what I get at work when I try to log in on satellite guys on my work computer. I am logged in at home using Team Viewer right now, but I can't log in at work. Any suggestions.

Access Denied - Sucuri Website Firewall

If you are the site owner (or you manage this site), please whitelist your IP or if you think this block is an error please open a support ticket and make sure to include the block details (displayed in the box below), so we can assist you in troubleshooting the issue.

Block details:
Your IP:

URL:

www.satelliteguys.us/xen/login/login

Your Browser:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0

Block ID:

BBOT66

Block reason:

Brute force bot was blocked.

Time:

Mon Jul 24 15:42:49 2017

Server ID:

© 2017 Sucuri Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy

I have been getting this denial since last Wednesday. I've checked everything on this end and can't find any reason I'm being blocked. :(

Here's what I get at work when I try to log in on satellite guys on my work computer. I am logged in at home using Team Viewer right now, but I can't log in at work. Any suggestions.

Access Denied - Sucuri Website Firewall

If you are the site owner (or you manage this site), please whitelist your IP or if you think this block is an error please open a support ticket and make sure to include the block details (displayed in the box below), so we can assist you in troubleshooting the issue.

Block details:
Your IP:

URL:

www.satelliteguys.us/xen/login/login

Your Browser:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0

Block ID:

BBOT66

Block reason:

Brute force bot was blocked.

Time:

Mon Jul 24 15:42:49 2017

Server ID:

© 2017 Sucuri Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy

I have been getting this denial since last Wednesday. I've checked everything on this end and can't find any reason I'm being blocked. :(

Scott fixed some things just this morning. Have you tried since then? Try tomorrow when you are at work, and see if it now works.

Scott fixed some things just this morning. Have you tried since then? Try tomorrow when you are at work, and see if it now works.

I tried ten minutes or so earlier and that's what I got. It's been working fine at home, but I will try it again b4 I leave work. :)

Do you have some sort of web proxy at work and does anyone else in your workplace frequent Satelliteguys?

I mostly dismiss that Frontier (the ISP) might be at fault as they don't have a reputation for tinkering.

Did you try the URL with https:// rather than http:// (or nothing)?

Presumably Sucuri thinks you're trying to repeatedly "try" logins like a brute force password cracking bot might do.

Do you have some sort of web proxy at work and does anyone else in your workplace frequent Satelliteguys?

I mostly dismiss that Frontier (the ISP) might be at fault as they don't have a reputation for tinkering.

Did you try the URL with https:// rather than http:// (or nothing)?

Presumably Sucuri thinks you're trying to repeatedly "try" logins like a brute force password cracking bot might do.

No web proxy and no one else uses this website.

Maybe they don't want you spending THEIR time on Sat Guys when they are paying you to work?? :imshocked

Good one. I am the guy who takes care of all their computers. I am always at work 2 hours early everyday, so when it boils down to hours, they owe me 10 hours a week that I don't get paid for. The way I have it figured, they owe me 740 hours X $25 an hour = $18,500. :) Besides, my boss knows I come in here a couple times a day, and he's OK with it. He knows I will come out any hour of the day or night to get the computers back up. Am I lucky or what? :)

Sounds like my job. They don't care what i do as long as the computers are working and didn't blink an eye when I proposed that new 100Mbps fiber connection.

Good one. I am the guy who takes care of all their computers. I am always at work 2 hours early everyday, so when it boils down to hours, they owe me 10 hours a week that I don't get paid for. The way I have it figured, they owe me 740 hours X $25 an hour = $18,500. :) Besides, my boss knows I come in here a couple times a day, and he's OK with it. He knows I will come out any hour of the day or night to get the computers back up. Am I lucky or what? :)

Welcome to I.T. support. Management will NEVER understand how many hours it really takes to handle it all. If you complain and point it all out to them hoping they'll hire a helper, they are then just as likely to replace you with Indians that get paid 1/10th of what you make.

I just spent 28 years in that position, and after a takeover, they outsourced our entire group (11 people) with an entire group of Indians that all together makes what we individually were paid. "Enhancing Share holder value" and all that crap.

Welcome to I.T. support. Management will NEVER understand how many hours it really takes to handle it all. If you complain and point it all out to them hoping they'll hire a helper, they are then just as likely to replace you with Indians that get paid 1/10th of what you make.

I just spent 28 years in that position, and after a takeover, they outsourced our entire group (11 people) with an entire group of Indians that all together makes what we individually were paid. "Enhancing Share holder value" and all that crap.
Local or overseas?

Local or overseas?

"Management Indians" are local. The people that really (pretend to) do the work are remote in India. We even had to spend the last 3 months before getting kicked to the curb training them. They made all the right noises, and TWO DAYS before my final shift, I discovered that they were LYING to me, and not really doing the things I was trying to train them on. They were faking 80% of it...

I still have former co-workers in other positions there for a bit longer, and they have told me it's been Hell dealing with that group ever since we left end of September 2016.

Reactions: wvman

Luckily, this company isn't that big. I was off with the flu once a few years ago, and the whole system took a power surge, and everything went bonkers. I would have went in, but I was so sick I would have had to get better to die. They hired an outside company to fill in for me, and it cost them over $20,000 to do what I was doing. I was off a grand total of 9 days, so it cost them about $2200.00 a day while I was off.

That was more than the total combined days I missed in over 45 years, and I ran a business for 30 years on top of working for someone else. Not tooting my own horn, but we've had people working here who missed more than 9 days every month. I purchased 4 Dell computers once and got stuck with their Indian support crew. I emailed Michael Dell and told him if that was the best he could do, I was sending the computers back and purchasing another brand. He set me up with his "premium" support group located here in the U.S. :)

Reactions: primestar31
Probably the same root cause as the recent 1 week 404 error issues many had. Scott fixed it yesterday, and it might have taken time for it all to propagate.

I'd say you're right. Working fine today. Well, have to run, need to check on a new server that never came in. Always something. :) Have a good day.

Reactions: primestar31
Always worked here... and my bandwidth is less than optimum. So many platforms, versions of browsers with add-ons etc; difficult to keep up these days when setting up web pages.

Status
Please reply by conversation.