Can anyone help us? What is wrong with Moasic Broadband (Dishnetwork)

hurlster

Original poster
Greetings all,
I along with thousands have been without our Broadband TV which uses dish network going on 8 days. We live in ten apartment complexes throughout Maryland and Virginia.

Mosiac Broadband will not say anything other than "we're sorry our technicians are telling us it's a software issue and that we currently do not have an ETA". They are treating the apartment complex managers as well with the same deference.

I called Dish network and they reported no outages and the problem is with the aftermarket carrier Mosaic Broadband. Can any of the industry folks here help out?

I think they're lying and it's a license issue or something. Thank you.

Isn't a site for satellite TV experts?

I'm sorry, I came across this site and it looked there would be someone here who knew what Mosaic Broadband was and why this may have happened. Kind of surprised 50+ views and no replies. Am I wrong? If you have an idea, we could really use it.

You are beyond help! ;) Just kidding; I hope you will see a resolution soon. But I for one have never heard of Mosaic Broadband, and I have no idea what technology they use to deliver Dish channels over fiber/coax. Do you use a modified receiver, or any receiver at all? What is the symptom? If your equipment were unmodified, then we could just ask that you use menu 6-1-3 and tell us what satellite locations you are missing.

sounds like it has nothing to do with Dish and has to do with the "reseller" for lack of a better term

TheKrell here is what Mosaic is
Mosaic Broadband

They get agreements from phone, cable/satellite and internet providers and basically "sign a death agreement" to allow tenants to only use those that they have. When I worked for the Telco here in Mnneapolis we had a company do the same thing...they bundled internet, phone and cable to the apartments. The tenant couldnt pick who they wanted

The drawback is if the customer has an issue (customer meaning renter) they call the property manager who calls the company.

I can tell you right now. I work for Mosaic Broadband. The exact thing we were told by the corporate office was "It's an issue with the software that receives the signal from the satellite. We are working on it but no ETA". If we had something different to tell you, we'd be more then happy to. But unfortunately that is all corporate office will tell us. I can tell you that we have had calls from other customers stating they read somewhere that Mosaic Broadband was going out of business, or they filed bankruptcy. Others state they called DISH and were told that the service was discod for nonpay, as in Mosaic didn't pay their bill. We don't know about any of this. I tried looking it up online and I don't see an info about that. If you want to find out anything further, you can go to the Mosaic Broadband website "Mosaicbroadband.com" and click where it says "contact us". You can send any questions or comments, unpleasant or otherwise, to that email. We wish more then anything they would either get it fixed, admit defeat and let us tell customers they can't provide it anymore, or just tell the truth. We are the ones getting the angry phone calls from customers. We aren't lying to you. We are just as clueless as you are. You want more? Go to the Mosaic site and send an email. The corporate office address is on that site as well. Send a letter.

I am new (six months) to the Stafford, Virginia area, and was unaware how crazy the laws here are. My HOA has a 30+ year exclusive contract with the private cable company “Mosaic Broadband” for cable (included in HOA fee) / internet (I pay). However, since 23 or 24 May 11 there has been no Internet, and since just before 4 Jul 11 no cable. When we call the customer service for Mosaic they say the corporate office will not give them any updates, so they cannot tell us when we might have service or what the problem is. I have made calls and we are in a location that cannot get DSL. A BBB complaint was closed because Mosaic didn’t answer. How can it be fixed?

If it were me, I would install a Dishnetwork system on my own, and let them take me to court. I would rarely ever say that, but at some point the HOA has a responsibility if they are the ones who entered into an agreement. Just my thought......

I am new (six months) to the Stafford, Virginia area, and was unaware how crazy the laws here are. My HOA has a 30+ year exclusive contract with the private cable company “Mosaic Broadband” for cable (included in HOA fee) / internet (I pay). However, since 23 or 24 May 11 there has been no Internet, and since just before 4 Jul 11 no cable. When we call the customer service for Mosaic they say the corporate office will not give them any updates, so they cannot tell us when we might have service or what the problem is. I have made calls and we are in a location that cannot get DSL. A BBB complaint was closed because Mosaic didn’t answer. How can it be fixed?

Is your HOA following up on the problem? They should be working with Mosaic on resolving the problem. If Mosaic is in breach of contract, your HOA should be searching for an alternate provider.

Maybe you should look into withholding some of your HOA fee until it's resolved. I assume that your neighbors are also out of service and should also be putting pressure on your HOA.