Can anyone suggest a hdmi splitter?

I would like to run separate hdmi feeds from my 722 to the tv & to my surrond receiver.

Does your receiver have ab HDMI out? If so, no need to run a splitter. Plug anything with an HDMI out into the receiver and use it's remote to select the source. That's what I have done. 722, a dvd recorder and a blu-ray are pluggrd into my Onkyo AVR and it's hdmi out goes to my Samsung hdtv.

I wanted the same ability as you. What I did was run the component cables to the TV for use without the receiver, and then run the HDMI through the receiver.

I want to run separate feeds, so that the satellie can be watched on tv without having to use the surrond receiver.

If you can't find a splitter, use component video cables to the TV with analog audio, plus the hdmi to the avr and then to the TV. If you have a dvd player, hook that to the avr via hdmi.

Gives you the option of both.

As was mentioned above try monoprice, there's this.
For only $55.03 each when QTY 50+ purchased - 1X2 PRO Series Powered HDMI Splitter (1.3b ATC Certified) | HDMI Active/Powered Splitters

I bought a cheaper one and it kept losing the signal when switch

i use it to spit the hdmi out to two tv's from my receiver so i can get all sources in both places.
i bought powered because of the distance to one of the tv's (50ft) not had issues with this one

I have the same "Pro" splitter from Monoprice but mine is the four way model. It's hooked up to two HDTVs and my HD projector. My 722 is connected to the Onkyo's HDMI input and it does the switching. Works great! Having said that I would think that the OPs' A/V receiver would have "pass through" so that sat can be viewed without the A/V powered on if so desired--then you use the TVs' voulume instead of the A/V.

Ed

I think he wants to be able to watch the tv with surround off. I do that at my house, but just do component to the tv and optical to the receiver. My hdmi then goes to a second HDTV.

Seems like op wants hdmi to receiver and a dedicated input on the tv as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)