OTHER can broadband lnb's be used for FTA?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

hungryforlnbs

Original poster
Jun 20, 2019
Georgia
Hey guys, I have an original wildblue dish that was purchased and used when viasat introduced wild blue satellite internet, right now it is missing its sub-reflector and lnb, I would like to know where I could buy the original Lnb and if it can be used for free to air. I cant really find the sub-reflector anywhere and any help would be appreciated. I am mainly aiming for echostar 19 satellite. It would be appreciated if I could get some help on this. Thanks!

Not sure where one could buy a replacement sub reflector, but you could fabricate a holder on a longer arm to.place an off-the-shelf LNBF in the direct convergance (sweet spot). The convergance point will be further away from the reflector than the sub reflector was mounted. The total distance of the reflector>>> subreflector>>> LNBF opening on the original set-up will equal the distance from the reflector to the new LNBF position.

It would be a fun project, but might be more work and testing than you are interested in performing for a likely compromised performance.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)