Can everyone access HD DNS Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

AntDogg65

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
I just made the switch from E* to D* on Friday, and I am waiting for the install within the week. I live in Knoxville, TN and I was wondering two things.

1. What directional satellite does Knoxville's HD locals come from?

2. Can everyone access HD DNS Locals?

If someone could reply, that would be greatly appreciated. I made the switch because I was tired of Charlie's lies and I couldn't get my HD Locals over the satellite as they are only offered @ 61.5W. I want to know if I can receive them before the install on Friday.

Thanks in advance.

I just made the switch from E* to D* on Friday, and I am waiting for the install within the week. I live in Knoxville, TN and I was wondering two things.

1. What directional satellite does Knoxville's HD locals come from?

2. Can everyone access HD DNS Locals?

If someone could reply, that would be greatly appreciated. I made the switch because I was tired of Charlie's lies and I couldn't get my HD Locals over the satellite as they are only offered @ 61.5W. I want to know if I can receive them before the install on Friday.

Thanks in advance.

1. Spaceway 1 at 102.8°w

2. No, users must qualify, and since you have HD LiL then no.

Don't know exactly where you are in Knoxville, but your close to all the towers, a OTA antenna would also be an option.
Even a small indoor may work fine.

Jimbo

Thanks Jimbo,

With Dish, I already have two OTA Antennas and sometimes they work, while other times they suck. I need my locals over the satellite to ensure the Super Bowl won't fade out on me like it almost did last year.

1 VIP-722
1 VIP-211
Leaving Dish this week for DirecTV.

I could'nt receive them because of the way my townhouse faces. I was receiving signals from 110, 119, and 129W. But E*'s locals are mapped to 61.5W which faced the opposite way of my dish. That's the main reason why I want to switch. I should be able to get them with Directv since they are at 103W. Well, lets hope I can.

I could'nt receive them because of the way my townhouse faces. I was receiving signals from 110, 119, and 129W. But E*'s locals are mapped to 61.5W which faced the opposite way of my dish. That's the main reason why I want to switch. I should be able to get them with Directv since they are at 103W. Well, lets hope I can.

You should be good now, seeing the 101 is the main sat and the new ones are right next to them, it should make a lot of people available once the change is made completely.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts