Watching Recorded shows with no Sat connected

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tnank

Original poster
Nov 25, 2005
We are traveling in our RV and when we stop for just 1 night I don't set up the satellite but we just watch something we have already recorded on our DVR. We have a R16 300. We have been set up for a few months and no problems. The other day we moved and I just tried to watch a recorded without setting out the satellite nothing happens when I press the List or Exit or Menu buttons. I reset the receiver and still nothing. Has Directv done a software change to prevent watching DVR without going thru the entire setup with the Sat attached. Thanks

we have an hd and std tivo that is not currently hooked up, that i stockpiled with recordings, that i watch all the time. i do press pause on the playback when i'm done, to make it easier to re-start when i start watching again. that way too, it won't get stuck in another screen that won't allow me to re-start playback again.

I think it depends on how long it has been SFSS, I just unplugged my HR22 Sat in's and was able to watch recorded shows. I plugged in a Replacement HR10 that I had in the van that has been deactivated about a week ago and could not watch any recorded shows.

I think it depends on how long it has been SFSS, I just unplugged my HR22 Sat in's and was able to watch recorded shows. I plugged in a Replacement HR10 that I had in the van that has been deactivated about a week ago and could not watch any recorded shows.

I think it has something to do with the power being disconnected.
I too have a HR20 in the RV and have had no previous luck trying to watch recorded shows without the SAT connection made and the set up process completed.
I wish there was a work around for this as this would pass time on the nights that we are still on the road.

Zynergi,
What is SFSS ?

Jimbo

We had a snow storm last night and could get no satellite signal. There were a few power glitches and my HR21 rebooted. Of course it couldn't get past the search, but after I got the 771 message I was able to watch recorded programs. It would have been nice if I had been able to watch locals using my AM21 OTA tuner, but that wouldn't function either (I'll be adding a UPS soon).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)