Can Harmony Hub connect to wireless Joey.

ouch1234

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2010
Norman, Ok
Hey everyone. I purchased a Harmony hub today. It'll connect to the Hopper 3 without issue, but It won't find my wireless joey. Is it possible to connect to the joey? I only have the hub and not the Harmony remote. I'm using it with Echo Dot. Thanks!

Did you enable IR Reception on the Joey through the Remote Control menu? I haven't used one of these hubs but I did a little reading online...I'm assuming that you would only see the Hopper online since the Joeys are using the Hopper's IP connection, can you take the IP address from the Joey network screen and somehow manually enter that into the Hub app and maybe it will be able to connect that way?

I have enabled the IR on the Joey, but still wouldn’t work. I’ll try the ip when I get back home. I’m still in early stages of learning the hub. I couldn’t believe that there wasn’t a YouTube video on this subject. Thanks for your help.

I finally figured it out. If anyone is scrolling through this post looking for solution to connect your Joey. I ended up manually entering the device name and model #. Name: Dish Network Joey 3 Model#: Joey

Reactions: lucky86
I finally figured it out. If anyone is scrolling through this post looking for solution to connect your Joey. I ended up manually entering the device name and model #. Name: Dish Network Joey 3 Model#: Joey

I tried your solution and it did work but several functions still won’t work, ie:guide, info, etc