Can I connect 6 TVs on 2 Receivers

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fairway Fatty

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 15, 2010
Va
I posted this on the D__H forum and would like to see what feedback I get on the D__tv side.......

I currently am long time subscriber to D_tv and considering switching to D__H so that I can take advantage of promo offers and reduce my long term monthly cost as much as possible.

Current setup:
2HD,2SD,1SDDVR w/5LB Dish
Choice Xtra + HD DVR Package = 1 Ben Franklin (includes 3 month 15 buck b_tch discount soon to end)

My house is coaxed through the wall in 7 rooms. Sat feed enters house in basement then connects to all the terminal ends of the separate rooms etc.(4 up (2HD2SD) and (3 down (1HD2SD)). NOTE: 2 up SD rooms currently not fed.

It is just my wife and I now and would like to feed all upstairs on one receiver and all downstairs on one receiver. I don't care if some would be dedicated to the same channels Eg; both HD's up - same channel and both SD's down - same channel.

Anyway I'm looking for the best way to achieve this or if there are any ideas better I'd appreciate that as well.

If this is answered or close enough to get me going already please point me to it.

Feedback from D__H forum is i can do this with diplexers ... will they work with the D__tv receivers as well?

Thanks.FF

I run 3 HD's of an HR-24 using model ST123HDA by Converge AV. More info at startech.com

I posted this on the D__H forum and would like to see what feedback I get on the D__tv side.......

I currently am long time subscriber to D_tv and considering switching to D__H so that I can take advantage of promo offers and reduce my long term monthly cost as much as possible.

Current setup:
2HD,2SD,1SDDVR w/5LB Dish
Choice Xtra + HD DVR Package = 1 Ben Franklin (includes 3 month 15 buck b_tch discount soon to end)

My house is coaxed through the wall in 7 rooms. Sat feed enters house in basement then connects to all the terminal ends of the separate rooms etc.(4 up (2HD2SD) and (3 down (1HD2SD)). NOTE: 2 up SD rooms currently not fed.

It is just my wife and I now and would like to feed all upstairs on one receiver and all downstairs on one receiver. I don't care if some would be dedicated to the same channels Eg; both HD's up - same channel and both SD's down - same channel.

Anyway I'm looking for the best way to achieve this or if there are any ideas better I'd appreciate that as well.

If this is answered or close enough to get me going already please point me to it.

Feedback from D__H forum is i can do this with diplexers ... will they work with the D__tv receivers as well?

Thanks.FF

All outputs are live at all times, so yes you can connect six televisions to two receivers, but only one channel can be displayed at a time.

Thanks.
I'll check out Startech....

As far as the D_tv and the D_H..... its called an underscore....what I used before I saw the D* and E* others use in posts. Should I just be saying straight up DirecTv and DISH ?

Just a new user here trying to get some insight....thanks for yours

Thanks.
I'll check out Startech....

As far as the D_tv and the D_H..... its called an underscore....what I used before I saw the D* and E* others use in posts. Should I just be saying straight up DirecTv and DISH ?

Just a new user here trying to get some insight....thanks for yours

Sure, we don't discriminate here!

Should I just be saying straight up DirecTv and DISH ?
According to the trademark registry it should be "DIRECTV" and "DISH Network".

The only designation that might be almost as confusing as those you concocted is using DTV in reference to DIRECTV. While DTV is DIRECTV's stock symbol, the US gubmint spent billions teaching US citizens that DTV stood for Digital TeleVision (the Over-The-Air stuff).

Back to your original, long winded, question:

With DISH Network it would be trivial to set up all TVs to see four different channels from two HD DVRs assuming that there is an HD TV on each floor. No additional electronics would be required. Each HD DVR can send up to two channels in SD via RF on a house-wide coax network out of the box.

The hurt with DISH Network is that they charge a monthly fee of $17/month for the second Duo DVR. If you're truly committed to only having access to two channels at a time, you could go with the ViP612 and the second one would cost $10/month.

This being said, most will agree/insist that it isn't very forward thinking to build a system on a Standard Definition distribution model.

The only designation that might be almost as confusing as those you concocted is using DTV in reference to DIRECTV. While DTV is DIRECTV's stock symbol, the US gubmint spent billions teaching US citizens that DTV stood for Digital TeleVision (the Over-The-Air stuff).

Enough said.

With DISH Network it would be trivial to set up all TVs to see four different channels from two HD DVRs assuming that there is an HD TV on each floor. No additional electronics would be required. Each HD DVR can send up to two channels in SD via RF on a house-wide coax network out of the box.

The hurt with DISH Network is that they charge a monthly fee of $17/month for the second Duo DVR. If you're truly committed to only having access to two channels at a time, you could go with the ViP612 and the second one would cost $10/month.

This being said, most will agree/insist that it isn't very forward thinking to build a system on a Standard Definition distribution model.

You can't be serious. You are accusing another poster of a long winded question? Virtually all of your posts are long winded! I'm not saying they contain too many words, but the words are empty and useless.

You can't be serious. You are accusing another poster of a long winded question? Virtually all of your posts are long winded! I'm not saying they contain too many words, but the words are empty and useless.

I couldn't have said it any better........I know he purposely tries to be "harsh" in his posts, but it's very annoying and rude. I don't think his momma taught him any manners.

You can't be serious. You are accusing another poster of a long winded question?
I do it quite often. I'd probably even accuse myself if I were asking a question, but I'm endeavoring to give a detailed answer to multiple questions in this case. You, on the other hand, are going on about your disdain for me as opposed to improving significantly upon existing answers.

In my mind a question should be framed as briefly as possible with only the pertinent information and then posed based on that clearly defined set of parameters.

If parameters are instead variables or additional information is needed, sometimes the answers get more complex.

I do it quite often. I'd probably even accuse myself if I were asking a question, but I'm endeavoring to give a detailed answer to multiple questions in this case. You, on the other hand, are going on about your disdain for me as opposed to improving significantly upon existing answers.

In my mind a question should be framed as briefly as possible with only the pertinent information and then posed based on that clearly defined set of parameters.

If parameters are instead variables or additional information is needed, sometimes the answers get more complex.

Thank you for so clearly proving my point. By the way, in case you hadn't noticed, my disdain for you is held by quite a few Satguys. I do try to help where I can, in the Directv section, since I am a Directv subscriber. You come here seemingly to troll.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts