Can I copy recordings from old reciever to new?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I installed the new receiver and had problems with the online activation so I needed to call tech. spt. After we got it going, I asked again about returning it, indicating I didn't want to see a $ 135 non-return fee. Again, I was told that if I did not get a prepaid return label that I do need to return it. I left the old one in place so my wife can finish watching the movies she recorded. When she is done, I hang on to it for 2-3 months. Once I'm sure that I will not get that fee, I will follow the suggested recycle instructions.

Thanks for the replies.

I think recordings can be transfered to a DVD recorder stored on it's HDD via rca cables though it would show SD regardless if it's HD, or get a GenieGo device. I think you can also use a Hauppauge HD PVR if want it in it's original HD format

Yes, you can record to an external device in real time, but it would be sd as you noted.

Take the hard drive out the old one put in the new one

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Exclusion number 21 seems to cover hard drive contents:
PPP Terms Exclusions said:
(21) ANY DAMAGE TO OR LOSS OF RECORDING MEDIA INCLUDING ANY SOFTWARE PROGRAMS, DATA, OR CONFIGURATION/SETUP INFORMATION RESIDENT ON ANY MASS STORAGE DEVICES SUCH AS HARD DRIVES, CD ROM DRIVES, DVD DRIVES, FLOPPY DISKETTES, TAPE DRIVES OR TAPE BACKUP SYSTEMS OR MEMORY STICKS, AS A RESULT OF THE MALFUNCTIONING OR DAMAGE OF AN OPERATING OR NON - OPERATING PART OR AS A RESULT OF ANY REPAIRS OR REPLACEMENT UNDER THIS PLAN
Given the necessary re-encryption of the data, it doesn't seem reasonable that they would offer this service; especially if all they do is send and/or install a different DVR.

Exclusion number 21 seems to cover hard drive contents:Given the necessary re-encryption of the data, it doesn't seem reasonable that they would offer this service; especially if all they do is send and/or install a different DVR.

Just to back you up further.. This exclusion is referring to hard drives in computers. Not dvrs. There is no current way supported by dtv to transfer recordings from one internal hard drive to another.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Just to back you up further.. This exclusion is referring to hard drives in computers. Not dvrs.
In that the term "recording media" was used, your observation may not be accurate.
There is no current way supported by dtv to transfer recordings from one internal hard drive to another.
There's no public way, but it is technically possible. Possible doesn't mean that such a service is offered and item 21 would seem to suggest that they don't want do it.

With all of the integration and surface mounting, there are some things that just can't be economically repaired. We see the same thing happening in the TV world where there are only a handful of modules that can reasonably be replaced.

DIRECTV paid to refurbish over 650,000 boxes in 2011 as part of their reclamation initiative.

That said, it remains important not to put too much weight into what a CSR tells you so you shouldn't dispose of a box or part it out until several months have passed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)