Can I do the non-supported MRV?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jax Tom

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 19, 2005
When I called Directv a few weeks back they said to set me up with the MRV would require a tech coming out and it would cost a fair amount (maybe $199).

Looking on the boards here it sounds like you can do a non-DECA do it yourself version. I have no problem paying the $3 fee.

Here's what I have: An HR20-100 and a HR20-700 both of which could be connected via ethernet.

Will Directv still turn on the MRV for unsupported?

OK, took a little longer than 24 hours, I have it and it works. Just name the DVR's and you are in business. The whole "pause a DVR and pick it up in next room" thing isn't working like the commercials, they seem to operate independently. But that's more of what I wanted it for anyway.

If the show you are watching is recorded hit stop then go to the other room and start watching again it will ask if you want to restart or continue. If you are watching a live show, hit record and then stop and you can do the same thing. I wish they would fix the commercial, it is misleading.

I wish they would fix the commercial, it is misleading.

Directv misleading.....never

Kind like calling it hole home DVR when you only get 1 HDDVR and 1 HD receiver, with a 4 room hookup. (yes I know you can now get 3 HD receivers and 1 HDDVR now, but that is not the way it was before) Even so it still is not whole home DVR as you only have 1 room with DVR. I guess calling it Multi-Room View is not as impressive.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)