Can I eliminate my receivers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Huh? Please explain in more detail what you want to do.

I'll assume you want to be able to use your TV tuner to get the DirecTV channels like they do in a hotel.
Well, hotels have to use tuners.

No Receivers = no signal. The incoming signal from the sattelite has to be decoded to a tv signial and that can olnly be done by a receiver.

Be nice. Remember most of us had the same amount of satellite knowledge as the OP guy once upon a time. :)

OP, what you don't see at the hotel is the closet they have somewhere that has a rack full of satellite receivers, each of those outputting a single channel to the distribution system that drives all the TVs in the hotel.

This guy has to be joking. This a ridiculous question. Even my grandma would know the answer to that one.

it is possible, but it's prohibitively expensive for home use. where i work i have a rack with 5 Dish receivers each set to a certain channel and 4 Digital OTA for the 4 major networks receviers that feeds a modulator bank that serves the 9 channels over our phone lines to various offices. then with the proper demodulator on the other end, a tv can be hooked up to tune channels 2-10 based on what the units on the rack are tuned to.

There's no way to eliminate the receviers but it can appear that they are.

Didn't D* partner with a TV manufacturer and sell a TV with a card slot on the side at Best Buy maybe? Maybe this was before HD (right around when the flat panels & widescreens started really selling).

Didn't D* partner with a TV manufacturer and sell a TV with a card slot on the side at Best Buy maybe? Maybe this was before HD (right around when the flat panels & widescreens started really selling).
RCA did this a few years ago when HD first started, I have seen a few of them on upgrades

This thread should have died after the first reply. It goes to show how dead things are on this side of the board. :(

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts