Can I get ABC?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I think the ABC feed on 99W is on C-band. 99W is both C-band and Ku-band.

If you have a big dish (6 ft or bigger) then you can use a dual C and Ku LNBF such as the BSC621-2 made by DMSI to receive both C and Ku on the dish.

on C Band I have found 2 ABC channels, one @ 99 with horrible pixelation (ABC Aguadilla Puerto Rico) and another one @ 119 which is better quality but nothing to write home about (ABC Aurora, Colorado)

Thanks guys!

Greg Mueller, LOL I KNOW!! That's why I am trying to get some sort of ABC channel. I have to watch lost. ABC is the only channel that I can NOT get with my OTA rooftop antenna and I do not get cable out here where I live. So I guess I need to find a 4dtv receiver. How easy is it for the batteries in them to die? I know my Dad has a BUD that he doesn't use anymore and i'm pretty sure he should still have the receiver but since it has prob been unplugged for a while, will it still work? Thanks guys, this site is awesome!

The receiver should still work. You will only need it for moving the dish actuator and changing polarity. Any FTA receiver will then pick up the free channels. KDEV on Anik F3 118.8 C band shows that Lost is on tomorrow night. Hope this helps.

thanks

thanks Mr. Silverado. What if I want to subscribe to Skyvision or NPS though? How do I know if the receiver is still good enough to get subscription channels?

The C-band ABCHD signal on 99w is excellent quality. It's free, but an HD STB required (I use Pansat 9200HD)

GL, Eric

Last edited:
Greg Mueller, LOL I KNOW!! That's why I am trying to get some sort of ABC channel. I have to watch lost. ABC is the only channel that I can NOT get with my OTA rooftop antenna and I do not get cable out here where I live. So I guess I need to find a 4dtv receiver. How easy is it for the batteries in them to die? I know my Dad has a BUD that he doesn't use anymore and i'm pretty sure he should still have the receiver but since it has prob been unplugged for a while, will it still work? Thanks guys, this site is awesome!

I don't know if this will be helpful, but try to get CTV off of a Canadian Satellite. CTV shows Lost on Tuesdays at 9:00pm EST (the first episode was GREAT!!):):)

I don't know if this will be helpful, but try to get CTV off of a Canadian Satellite. CTV shows Lost on Tuesdays at 9:00pm EST (the first episode was GREAT!!):):)

Maybe next time they will give us a little Lost with the commercials.
A one point there was 4 minutes of Lost followed by 4 minutes of commercials.
Guess I'm spoiled by the DVDs.

I DVR'd it

Last time I checked, it was on Anik F3(119.0W) and on Galaxy 16 (99.0W). Both DVB.

The C-band ABCHD signal on 99w is excellent quality. It's free, but an HD STB required (I use Pansat 9200HD)

GL, Eric

I've been wondering why the so-called HD feeds don't show up as HD in the Azbox info field.

And if you DON'T get it set up to receive C Band, or watch LOST, you know you can also watch it next day free on either ABC.COM or go to HULU.COM and watch it there.

Hope that hepls.

Photto

Streaming video needs major improvement, IMHO. That's why I'm reluctant to subscribe to Netflix streaming.

Johnnynobody ... I'm not sure of the speed we get our cable, but it is the third time we "upped" the speed on our internet from the cable company, and let me tell you, in the past three months, since I signed on for netflix, I have NO complaints.

At first we were constantly waiting for the buffer to catch up to the movie we were watching, but now, wow, very close to watching an actual DVD.

And that is part of the service. We signed up for one DVD at a time, and get the streaming as part of that service, all for only $8.99 (plus tax) per month.

They offer a free month of service. Try it, what do you have to lose?

Photto

Streaming video needs major improvement, IMHO. That's why I'm reluctant to subscribe to Netflix streaming.

I'm on DSL with 3.0 Mbps, which is less speed than a cable internet connection would have. Netflix works like a charm streaming. It doesn't take all that long to buffer or anything. I find it's working a lot better since they ditched the media player system and went to Silverlight.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)