Can I get my locals (Savannah GA) and the New York Networks?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

riverbendgeorgia

Original poster
Jan 8, 2004
I know I can get locals now in Savannah Ga on the Superdish on the 105 sattalite. Is there an option of also picking up the New York Networks (ABC, CBS, NBC and FOX) on the 110 and 119 satalites.

I am willing to pay extra to be able to watch the NY news, as this is where I grew up. Are those stations available A La Carte if I get my locals???

Thanks

I don't think so. I am near Detroit and had New York locals for years, but, when E* started providing Detroit locals, the FORCED me to switch to them (or drop locals completely). They said it was FCC policy! Good Luck!

You can get distants only if you qualify. If you go to the Dish website and go under locals and see what you qualify for. If you are right in Savannah you may not qualify for distants.

Pricing is 5.99 for all 4 networks, 8.99 if you include locals

The only problem is, if you dont qualify, you may be screwed because you really couldn't "move" because SuperDIsh has to be pro installed.

Stingray said:
I don't think so. I am near Detroit and had New York locals for years, but, when E* started providing Detroit locals, the FORCED me to switch to them (or drop locals completely). They said it was FCC policy! Good Luck!

If you qualify for distants, you can have both. Where I am located, I qualify for Minneapolis locals & FOX. There are "white areas" where you couldnt get locals OTA even if you tried, so you can qualify for locals & distants.

If you qualify for distants and locals are available, to quote TNGTony "when your locals become available has ZERO, ZIP, NADA, NONE effect on qualifications for distants" (or something like that) :)

SAVANNAH ABC-WJCL (LOCALS) 22 7480
SAVANNAH CBS-WTOC (LOCALS) 11 7481
SAVANNAH FOX-WTGS (LOCALS) 28 7483
SAVANNAH NBC-WSAV (LOCALS) 3 7482
SAVANNAH PBS - WVAN (LOCALS) 9 7486
SAVANNAH UPN - WGSA (LOCALS) 34 7485

Looks like they do not offer any of the distants in addition to what is above. I do qulify for some regional sports stuff, bummer

I tried it to see what you would qualify for. I picked an address from some resteraunt and I have never seen this before
114 BARNARD ST

SAVANNAH, GA 31401-3277

Thu Jan 08 11:41:13 MST 2004

LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE
Congratulations! This address is eligible for the
Savannah, GA (SD 105) Local Network Package

Click here to see a list of the channels in the package.

Statewide Channels
Congratulations! This address is eligible for Statewide Channels.
Station Local Channel DISH Channel
ATLANTA PBS-WGTV 8 8306

Never seen someone qualify for statewide channels..weird..Anybody else out there that qualifies for a "Statewide Channel?"

I quailfy for the statewide and have been recieving it for a while as part of distant ( waiver ) local from Atlanta. I am also in the Savannah DMA.

Yes you can get all the networks from NY and the Savanna locals. You just have to live in an area where no broadcast network channel provides a grade B signal or better.

After 2 minutes looking:
-----------------
123 MAIN

ALMA, GA 31510-

Fri Jan 09 09:32:33 MST 2004

LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE

Statewide Channels
ATLANTA PBS-WGTV 8 8306

DISTANT NETWORK A LA CARTE
Congratulations! This address may be eligible for Distant Network A La Cartes. You may choose a maximum total of 2 (two) A La Carte networks (ie. no more than two NBC, two ABC, two CBS, two FOX). You must be eligible to receive National PBS.

ABC CBS NBC FOX
A LA CARTE STATIONS: TIME ZONE:
New York CBS-WCBS Eastern
New York ABC-WABC Eastern
New York FOX-WNYW Eastern
New York NBC-WNBC Eastern
Atlanta FOX-WAGA Eastern
Atlanta NBC-WXIA Eastern
Atlanta ABC-WSB Eastern
Atlanta CBS-WGCL Eastern
Chicago CBS-WBBM Central
Chicago NBC-WMAQ Central
Chicago ABC-WLS Central
Chicago FOX-WFLD Central
Denver ABC-KMGH Mountain
Denver FOX-KDVR Mountain
Denver NBC-KUSA Mountain
Denver CBS-KCNC Mountain
Los Angeles ABC-KABC Pacific
Los Angeles FOX-KTTV Pacific
Los Angeles NBC-KNBC Pacific
Los Angeles CBS-KCBS Pacific

DISTANT NETWORK PACKAGES
Congratulations! This address may be eligible for all Distant Network Packages. You may choose to substitute from the Distant Network A La Cartes for a maximum total of 2 (two) network Packages.

ABC CBS NBC FOX

New York, NY
Atlanta, GA
Chicago, IL
Denver, CO
Los Angeles, CA

SUPERSTATIONS
Congratulations! This address is eligible for all SuperStations.

LOS ANGELES WB-KTLA
NEW YORK WB-WPIX
DENVER WB-KWGN NEW YORK UPN-WWOR
BOSTON UPN-WSBK

Regional Sports Network with America's Top 50 Plus and higher
TURNERSOUTH
FOX SPORTS SOUTH
--------------------
See ya
Tony

TNGTony
The address I dont think E* will accept because the zip isnt the 5 digit zip + 4. Although I did find one that would qualify (get a load of this address)

121 MUSKRAT RD

ALMA, GA 31510-6688

Fri Jan 09 10:57:07 MST 2004

LOCAL NETWORK PACKAGE

Statewide Channels
ATLANTA PBS-WGTV 8 8306

DISTANT NETWORK A LA CARTE
Congratulations! This address may be eligible for Distant Network A La Cartes. You may choose a maximum total of 2 (two) A La Carte networks (ie. no more than two NBC, two ABC, two CBS, two FOX). You must be eligible to receive National PBS.

ABC CBS NBC FOX
A LA CARTE STATIONS: TIME ZONE:
New York CBS-WCBS Eastern
New York ABC-WABC Eastern
New York FOX-WNYW Eastern
New York NBC-WNBC Eastern
Atlanta FOX-WAGA Eastern
Atlanta NBC-WXIA Eastern
Atlanta ABC-WSB Eastern
Atlanta CBS-WGCL Eastern
Chicago CBS-WBBM Central
Chicago NBC-WMAQ Central
Chicago ABC-WLS Central
Chicago FOX-WFLD Central
Denver ABC-KMGH Mountain
Denver FOX-KDVR Mountain
Denver NBC-KUSA Mountain
Denver CBS-KCNC Mountain
Los Angeles ABC-KABC Pacific
Los Angeles FOX-KTTV Pacific
Los Angeles NBC-KNBC Pacific
Los Angeles CBS-KCBS Pacific

DISTANT NETWORK PACKAGES
Congratulations! This address may be eligible for all Distant Network Packages. You may choose to substitute from the Distant Network A La Cartes for a maximum total of 2 (two) network Packages.

ABC CBS NBC FOX

New York, NY
Atlanta, GA
Chicago, IL
Denver, CO
Los Angeles, CA

SUPERSTATIONS
Congratulations! This address is eligible for all SuperStations.

LOS ANGELES WB-KTLA
NEW YORK WB-WPIX
DENVER WB-KWGN NEW YORK UPN-WWOR
BOSTON UPN-WSBK

Regional Sports Network with America's Top 50 Plus and higher
TURNERSOUTH
FOX SPORTS SOUTH

I think the problem right now is the locals require Superdish. Has anybody tried to move with SuperDish?

I have just found this forum - heard about it from a poster on hometheaterspot.

I installed a customer the other day out at the coast here in GA. Put in the SuperDish for locals from Savannah and an 811 HD receiver. They had the national feeds for locals already and they added the Savannah stations too with no problems.
Actually, we installed a off-air antenna for the HD locals as well - so he's getting: National feeds, local feeds, and antenna feeds. How's that for enough local options ;)

Brad said:
I have just found this forum - heard about it from a poster on hometheaterspot.

I installed a customer the other day out at the coast here in GA. Put in the SuperDish for locals from Savannah and an 811 HD receiver. They had the national feeds for locals already and they added the Savannah stations too with no problems.
Actually, we installed a off-air antenna for the HD locals as well - so he's getting: National feeds, local feeds, and antenna feeds. How's that for enough local options ;)
I assume this was a new customer Brad.

Nope, an existing customer.
We did the free SuperDish upgrade, and the $199 811 HD receiver upgrade.
He paid for the rest - antenna for HD locals, the 200 feet of cable we had to trench from the dish location to the house.

One thing I've learned on this one is the legacy receivers (1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, ect...) won't work with the SuperDish, even with the legacy adaptors. He had (3) 3000 model receivers, and after spending some time on the phone with E*, found out that only the 2800, 3900, 4900, and 6000 legacy receivers will work with the SuperDish w/the legacy adaptors.
E* isn't offering any special upgrades for customers either, they're saying they just have to buy new receivers. So for now, his other receivers are working on the legacy adaptors which E* paid for, but he's just not getting the locals on those receiver - they can't see the 105* bird.

Brad said:
One thing I've learned on this one is the legacy receivers (1000, 2000, 3000, 4000, ect...) won't work with the SuperDish, even with the legacy adaptors.

Correct..Other than the 6000, any receiver that ends in 000 won't work with SD. They dont have the option for 121 or 105 in the setup

Someone also told me that you could "move" and change your service address. For example, i live in N. VA and currently get Wash DC locals. Someone told me that if i change my service address to Dallas, i could then get Dallas locals instead of Wash DC. Does anyone know if this is true???

Ransack said:
Someone also told me that you could "move" and change your service address. For example, i live in N. VA and currently get Wash DC locals. Someone told me that if i change my service address to Dallas, i could then get Dallas locals instead of Wash DC. Does anyone know if this is true???

Only if you're in the Dallas spot beam footprint....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)