Can I get the quad split/six split screen on Joeys with Hopper 3?

gislands

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 29, 2013
California
Hello all,
First off, I love all the info on here and I don't think I have read if Joeys or new 4k Joeys will support the four screen and or six screen split screens? I have a man cave type of set up in my garage with three tv's. Two have joeys and one has a super joey. I have a hopper two in my living room in which they all are connected. Obviously the goal, or dream if you will, would be to have the split screens available on independent receivers in the garage. So is it just the Hopper 3 unit that sports the split screens, or does the current joeys/super joeys or the new 4k joey?
Thanks,
GIslands

I believe that only the hoppers will be capable of doing PIP and H3 being capable of the 4 HD feeds on a 4K tv.

So I guess with that, I am now curious how many hoppers you can have connected to one system? It seems like overkill but for me it might be worth purchasing two extras if I can only get one on lease as I suspect.

Cnet has an article about the Hopper 3 and it says sports bar mode does work on non-4K TVs. You obviously don't get 4 x 1080 windows though or 6 x 720.

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

I have 2 HWSs and only 1 is connected to a 4K TV. I use PIP all the time when I watch sports on either HWSs. If I cannot get a 4K Joey to replace the HWS on the non 4K so I can do PIP, I don't think I will make the switch until actual 4K programming is available.

Please forgive my lack of understanding: are you saying only the Hopper 3 unit will have PIP, Sportsbar mode but not the Joey's? Thanks in advance.
Only the Hopper 3 will have sports bar mode. But both the Hopper 3 and the 4k Joey will support PIP.

Only the Hopper 3 will have sports bar mode. But both the Hopper 3 and the 4k Joey will support PIP.
Err- it's been posted that the HWS will also do sports bar mode, just not at first and not at as high a resolution.

Err- it's been posted that the HWS will also do sports bar mode, just not at first and not at as high a resolution.
Where ? It's been indicated that the Hopper 3 will do sports mode on a non-4K TV but "not at as high a resolution". Are you confusing the two ?

The previous question was will it work on a HWS (Hopper w/ Sling). Discussions at CES really only involved the Hopper 3 (and 4K Joey), not the previous generation(s) of Hoppers.

Will sports bar mode only function on a " 4K " tv?

No, it will work on regular (HD)TVs as well. The images will be down-sized.

From the Dish 2016 CES press event thread. And, I believe, elsewhere as well.

This is speaking about an H3 playing on an HDTV as opposed to a 4KTV... I seriously doubt that the HWS or H2K will have the resources built in to allow for it...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)