Can I hook a H10 to a SWM hookup?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
well that wont work.....Set up a temporary rig on the deck railing and used my old Phase III that I had up until the upgrade. Can't see 101 because of the 3 dishes on the roof blocking the view :(

But I can assure you Joe it works. I use to have the H10 set up just to be able to view/record (through a separate hard dirve/dvd recorder) a couple distant OTA stations and it worked fine.

Hmmmmmmmm!

If so the round dish will get you in. It has been awhile...I thought the H 10 was passing an analog signal for the locals....if this works I am going to take a look at old receivers in the garage. I am considering a similar project.

Report success,

Joe

Joe, I think the OTA PASS THRU ended with the H series.

I know webby.
I had everything all ready and the tech was very grateful for that. All he had to do was take down the 18" dish I had, mount the new dish right by the existing one, aim the dish and get in the house (it was like -4 that morning). He already had assembled the dish and roughed it before he arrived so it took him like 3 minutes to aim and peak the dish. Already ran the new cable for the new receiver so it didnt take him like 4 hours to clean off the roof (only spot to put it), install the dish, then run a new cable through my house (which is a pain to do since it has to go through the garage to get to the bedrooms). Hooked up the SWM, reran sat setup on R22's, installed new H23 and activated.

total time was an hour :)
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-forum/236028-upgrading-hd-couple-questions.html#post2406919

With all the SNOW you guys get, your putting dishes on the ROOF ?

no choice. Live in a townhouse so I cant put a pole in the yard. Deck is on the North side of the house (and the deck isnt the most stable for a dish) so they go on the edge of the roof on the North side. Easy to get to from the deck. Climb up the stepladder and right there they are. The South side of the house is up 2 stories so that wont work :)

With all the SNOW you guys get, your putting dishes on the ROOF ?

Since transitioning from Dish to Direct, I'm noticing more snow buildup with Direct's dishes. I would have to imagine that the higher elevation that Direct uses creates a situation of more snow buildup. If I do put a dish on the roof, I do my best to get that thing as close to the edge of the roof...or in the case of porch roofs, as close to bedroom windows where a person can take a quick swipe with a broom

no choice. Live in a townhouse so I cant put a pole in the yard. Deck is on the North side of the house (and the deck isnt the most stable for a dish) so they go on the edge of the roof on the North side. Easy to get to from the deck. Climb up the stepladder and right there they are. The South side of the house is up 2 stories so that wont work :)

Well, THAT explains That !!!

Since transitioning from Dish to Direct, I'm noticing more snow buildup with Direct's dishes. I would have to imagine that the higher elevation that Direct uses creates a situation of more snow buildup. If I do put a dish on the roof, I do my best to get that thing as close to the edge of the roof...or in the case of porch roofs, as close to bedroom windows where a person can take a quick swipe with a broom

Just think, the farther south you go, the higher up it points, thus catching more snow, if your still in the snow areas, remember it's the wet slushy snow that builds up and effects the signal the most, the 30-40* snows.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts