Can I hook up Dish 500 to 1000.4?

cruzmisl

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 29, 2004
Hi,
The 1000.4 dish was insatlled yesterday but I lost an SD local that was on the 500. Its available on the 1000.4 but its HD and my DVR will fill up quickly with all the wife's "stories". Can I run a coax to the 1000.4 from the 500 to get the channel back?
Thanks!
J.

yep. but it depends on what lnb you have on the 500. if its an integrated switch then depending on which port you hook up too, you should get one sat or the other integrated into the 1k4....and it should turn off the switch in the 500 lnb. if its a dp dual i can gaurantee it will work fine. if that makes sense.
at any rate you wont hurt anything by trying.

OK sounds good. Once I can get to the dish I'll run a coax. Its a DP dual if I recall. I have a singe DP from my 61.5 bird I can probably hook up to it if thats the best way. Why couldn't I just use the 500? Just curious

you can. its just never a good idea to use a switch with another switch...often causes problems. dp dual has no switch.
edit : by dual that means a 'single' eye lnb with 2 outputs. an lnb with 2 eyes is a twin, and has a switch.

If your dish is still up, it should be really really simple to integrate. Pop a single lnb into either the 110 or the 119 slot on the bracket and tie that into your k4 on the far right port. Check sw and it should be there.

Did the leave the Dish 500 dish on your roof? They removed mine. If they removed yours there is no way you will be able to get the SD feeds. Your best bet is to get an external HD if your receiver supports one and move her "stories" to that. They have dropped the activation fee on most receivers. While you can have only 1 drive at a time connected, there is no limit to the number of drives you can use.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)