Can I hook up my 722 to my 211's cable?

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
We're getting our ling room's floor refinished next month (insurance settlement). So I will have to move my 722. Can I hook up the 722 to the cable that normally goes to my 211 so I can dvr?

dwarren2 said:
We're getting our ling room's floor refinished next month (insurance settlement). So I will have to move my 722. Can I hook up the 722 to the cable that normally goes to my 211 so I can dvr?

Don't see why not. Just disconnect the 211 and connect the 722.
Ross

Sent from my DROIDX using SatelliteGuys

Yes, but your tv 2 will probably be offline if the 722s 2 tv locations are connected via a diplexer system. If you are not familiar with using diplexers or don't have access to any, you can do a direct backfeed from the home distribution port on the back of the receiver to the tv 2. Meaning, run a cable directly from the receiver to the tv2 if aesthetically feasible. Or turn your receiver into single mode from the mode button inside the front right panel and utilize the PIP functions on one tv.

You can do this and it will work fine as long as you make sure you hook up the 211 sat line into the separator or triplexer on the 722

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts