Can I install & activate my own HR44?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jvfan57

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 28, 2015
WA
Just found out that the best deal CSR could give was $17 off my existing monthly bill through various 6month promos and that the lowest I could get a Genie for would be $249 as my son had added an H25 in our Den a few months ago, which the CSR said was the reason why I couldn't get the Genie for free.

Question, can I buy a new HR44 on eBay and install/activate it myself? I checked and found out that we have a SWM16. I'm okay with committing for another 2 years.

Of course you can. I got my HR44 from a local electronics store took it home, plugged it in and called to activate. No problem

....assuming your SWM16 has five available tuner slots....and you can't have more than eight tuners on each "half" of the SWM16

Just get its RID first and verify it has not already under a lease agreement.

SWiM16 is a marriage of two SWiM8 which translate to a SWiM16 two legs can only have a max of 8 tuners on each leg.

So the Genie and that H25 you mention and just other normal HR2x 2-tuner DVR can be on one leg. All you other equipmet MUST be on the SWiM16 other leg.

Note: In moving things around, make sure the PI stay on the power feed. AKA the RED one.

Are there OWNED HR44's, other than employees ?

Chances are when JVfan gets one, it's probably going to be a Leased one.

Are there OWNED HR44's, other than employees ?

Chances are when JVfan gets one, it's probably going to be a Leased one.

Only owned ones are ex-employees, or people who got one for beta testing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)