Can I install Directv on a Caribbean island?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

caribbean fred

Original poster
Sep 24, 2009
massachusetts
Hi-
I spend half the year in the US and half on a French island in the Caribbean where they want $1500 just to install DirecTV. My questions are:
1) Can I bring my dish and receiver box from my US home down to the island and install it myself? Will it work on the island? Directv says it won't work down there but I'm not sure if I should believe them.
2) Do I need special equipment to get it to work down there? A larger dish?
3) Can I install the dish myself and locate the satellite? Do I need any special equipment to calibrate?

Any and all suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Caribbean Fred

Hi-
I spend half the year in the US and half on a French island in the Caribbean where they want $1500 just to install DirecTV. My questions are:
1) Can I bring my dish and receiver box from my US home down to the island and install it myself? Will it work on the island? Directv says it won't work down there but I'm not sure if I should believe them.
3) Can I install the dish myself and locate the satellite? Do I need any special equipment to calibrate?

Caribbean Fred

You may be able to pick up some signal with a larger dish, but that is pretty far. Directv has a Latin America package. I assume that would be receivable in the Caribbean. Installing it isn't that difficult. There are some online instructional videos. Check here:Solid Signal | Digital Converter Boxes, DIRECTV® Systems, HDTV Antennas, DISH Network, satellite equipment and home entertainment supplies & accessories

Works in Haiti

I am using a 6 ft dish in Haiti. The problem is you can only get one satellite with each dish so if you really want it all you need 3 6 ft dishes. A 4 ft may work on 101

I have a 6ft dish out of El Salvador point it at 95.0W with the PR package and it works, the only problem i get is that i don't get HBO, Cinemax and HD Channels the rest is good to go!

Hi-

Caribbean Fred

I can't help you with your problem, but do you want to adopt a family of four?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Install Problems Slimline 3LNB

archos 705 w/ directv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts