Can I install my own dishnet system???

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lonewolf454

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 27, 2009
Georgia, US
If cband does end, I am considering dish. I am only interested in the turbo HD channels. Can I do the install (I have no problem aiming at their satellites I can promise you that) and will they just sell me turbo hd?

I dont want someone else doing the install. I already have enough coax around here, 90% of it is quad shield RG6.

If cband does end, I am considering dish. I am only interested in the turbo HD channels. Can I do the install (I have no problem aiming at their satellites I can promise you that) and will they just sell me turbo hd?

I dont want someone else doing the install. I already have enough coax around here, 90% of it is quad shield RG6.

To the 1st thing, I'd say yes if you buy your own equipment and call to have it activated. To the 2nd thing, no, turbo hd is not offered anymore. You would have to go with 1 of the current available packages.
To do what you're trying to do & have someone work with you. Try a local retailer, I don't believe you would get much satisfaction from the 800# judging from your post.

To the 1st thing, I'd say yes if you buy your own equipment and call to have it activated. To the 2nd thing, no, turbo hd is not offered anymore. You would have to go with 1 of the current available packages.
To do what you're trying to do & have someone work with you. Try a local retailer, I don't believe you would get much satisfaction from the 800# judging from your post.

Actually, I just switched to the Dish America package yesterday. It was formerly Turbo HD Bronze. Just tell them a friend got the package in the last few days and they will probably get it cleared for you.

I have a 31" ku solid dish pole mounted. Could I use the same dish and just swap out the invacom to dn's lnb or will I need a new dish? Like I said, really only interested in HD channels, I get enough other fta via cband...

you're gonna need all Dish Network equipment. Consider doing the pre-wire yourself then having Dish install the rest. Many here would be happy to help you with cabling requirements. Some installers may not like that so they may want to do the connectors themselves at least but u can still run the cable.

Of course you can do your own install. Just pick up a VIP receiver and a Dish 1000. And install.
After that call DISH and get with tech support to have your receiver activated without a contract. And if SRL somehow comes through and brings some new technology to cband in order to get the true HD master feeds. Then you can always drop E* at anytime.

Why doesn't Dish Network have Dish America package on their website? I would like to see the list of channels that it offers.

Why doesn't Dish Network have Dish America package on their website? I would like to see the list of channels that it offers.
It's a secret! lol Dish doesn't offer it to new customers. Some here have said they were able to get Dish America nonetheless. I think it would be next to impossible to get it on a self-install with no commitment.

It's a secret! lol Dish doesn't offer it to new customers. Some here have said they were able to get Dish America nonetheless. I think it would be next to impossible to get it on a self-install with no commitment.

I don't know. If anything it would be impossible to get it if he "didn't" do his own install and purchased his own equipment. Thats how i got the original HD only pak w/voom for $15 back in 05. Luckily, I never had to stomach DishSD.:eek:

First find out what sats you will need to recieve and what dish is recomended for your zip code. Depending where you are pointing the dish can be easy (119,110,61.5) or very difficult (61.5,72.77) 1K4 which I would only have somone with a lot of experence as it needs to be pointed +- 1/2 digree. Going through a retailer might be your best bet they have less rules they need to follow.

I am in south Georgia. I have no problem getting sats 110/119/129 as I have looked at them before. I really just want a hd package I think though, do they have a downconvert ird so I could add a second sd television with the hd signal?

I am in south Georgia. I have no problem getting sats 110/119/129 as I have looked at them before. I really just want a hd package I think though, do they have a downconvert ird so I could add a second sd television with the hd signal?

The 222 is a dual tuner receiver with HD on TV1 and SD on TV2 with a modulator to distribute the TV2 signal to other TV's. The 622 and 722 are dual tuner DVR's that work the same way. Any of these receivers are free for new customers that qualify and have no additional monthly fees, except the DVR fee if you get the DVR.

To get 110/119/129 you would need a Dish 1000.2

Someone mentioned on here last year that they were going to install their own Flex equipment and that they retailer shipped them the box without the dish for $50. Anybody know what retailer that was?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts