Can I just say no to SWM

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Well after the 2nd installer and came out, I did have to fight with him as his work order did not show it but direct tv work order did . But in I expected sh*t so a local dealer was clearing install inventory and bought a 6x8 zinwell switch for 20 bucks brande new. I yelled and screamed and direct tv, the installer put a 6x16 out he installed it and then I uninstalled it behind him and put the 6x8 there and have the 6x16 in a box incase I ever need it.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!! :confused:

Well after the 2nd installer and came out, I did have to fight with him as his work order did not show it but direct tv work order did . But in I expected sh*t so a local dealer was clearing install inventory and bought a 6x8 zinwell switch for 20 bucks brande new. I yelled and screamed and direct tv, the installer put a 6x16 out he installed it and then I uninstalled it behind him and put the 6x8 there and have the 6x16 in a box incase I ever need it.

The installer is going to install whatever is on the work order, not whatever switch you buy on your own. That way its not his ass when the QC guy comes behind him and fails the job for installing the wrong equipment.
Also, yelling and screaming does NOTHING for your case with an installer. If a customer is an ass to me, I can be an ass right back. Also, with such customers, I take pictures of every bit of the install I did, so that when the customer goes behing me and screws with it, I'm off the hook for a failed QC, and having to warranty the job in the future. A customer messes with it, warranty is void in my case.

The installer is going to install whatever is on the work order, not whatever switch you buy on your own. That way its not his ass when the QC guy comes behind him and fails the job for installing the wrong equipment.
Also, yelling and screaming does NOTHING for your case with an installer. If a customer is an ass to me, I can be an ass right back. Also, with such customers, I take pictures of every bit of the install I did, so that when the customer goes behing me and screws with it, I'm off the hook for a failed QC, and having to warranty the job in the future. A customer messes with it, warranty is void in my case.

Yep...and if the customer wants to yell and scream at me, they can do it to the back door of my van as I'm leaving.

Yep...and if the customer wants to yell and scream at me, they can do it to the back door of my van as I'm leaving.

Well I think you all got it wrong. I had to argue with the installer to see the work order. Which is my right to see since I have to sign it. When I noticed the 6x16 was not there I called Directv. Got ahold of installation departmen they showed the 6x16 on the work order but since the install department set it up as a service call, they had to transfer me to the techincal support department. The techincal support depart is who I yelled at because the jerk on the phone would not tell the installer to install the switch. The reason the switch was needed in the first place was in two on the follow wednesday two of my brother HR10-250 tivos were going to show up and I had already bought new cards and had them waiting and had already activated on my account. The tech support guy said are they there I said no there still 2 days away but I am not going to call in again send a third tech out for someting the first tech should of done and while the 2nd is out there... During this time I was aruging with Direct over the need, I did not need new drops as every room in the house with TV has at least 2 drops most have 4 due to some all RG6QS all with finest digicon crimps. So the only thing that was missing was a switch so the installer went and installed a 6x16 with both of us agreeing that I really dont need it a 6x8 was just fine. So he installed the switch took a picture. And then put in the 6x8 for me. I gave him a tip, signed the work order and gave me his personal cell if I needed any extra work done. So if you installers think I treated mine badly well your dead wrong.
I am happy as a clam my tivos are working great. the switch is working great and if I need to make a call to dtv I can slap the 6x16 back in the cabinet

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts