Can I put 1 single and 1 dual reciever on a DPP Twin Pro Plus LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Aaron Schwartz

Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Ok... I have DISH Network Satellite 500 w/ DPP Twin Pro Plus LNB. Then wired straight to the receiver through a grounder. I am currently only using one single reciever (508) in the bedroom. I am wanting to add a dual reciever (625) and hook it up to the tv in the living room. So I can record and watch at the same time. My question is can I use my current dual LNB for this? Or do I need a quad? And will I need a switch or splitter?
Thanks!

yes you can add the 625 to the current LNB

you would need a separator...it looks like a splitter but clearly says "Separator"...one cable from LNB to the separator and hook up both tuners

The Dish Pro Plus Twin will be able to handle both of your receivers. It has 2 outputs so there should be a cable run to each receiver. The 625 will also need a DPP Separator to split the signal into the "Sat1 and Sat2" inputs on the back of the receiver. The 508 only has one "Sat in" port on the back, so only need the one cable run from the LNB. No need for switches or a different LNB unless you decide you want more.

*edit* grrrrrr hifi posting at the same time as me again :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)