Can I specify 129 over 61.5?

smileys

Original poster
Jan 3, 2007
Savannah, GA
I am considering going back to dish after a 1-1/2 year hiatus. Does anyone know if I can specify the dish hardware (1000.2) and the 129 satellite over the 61.5, or do instalers generally just install what they have? Do customer service reps deal with this question? I think LOS is marginal for me on 61.5.

In some areas, you probably can't be given a choice. If you are in an area where your locals are on 129 and you want 61.5, you will probably be charged to put the second dish up. If you give your location someone in your area may be able to better answer your question.

In my area, we cannot see 129 so we cannot have both and do not run into this situation.

In some areas, you probably can't be given a choice. If you are in an area where your locals are on 129 and you want 61.5, you will probably be charged to put the second dish up. If you give your location someone in your area may be able to better answer your question.

In my area, we cannot see 129 so we cannot have both and do not run into this situation.

I am near savannah, GA. I believe my locals are on 119. I only need the other location for HD.

The installer will decide. You can attempt to "persuade." Believe me, especially in Savannah, you want the 61.5 satellite if at all possible. Better signal.

I requested a 61.5 Dish When I moved in Sept. of this year but the installer brought a Dish 1000 I explained that I wanted a 61.5 But he said that if he installed I wouldn't be able to get 61.5. I took a chance and told him to install.

I called and asked where the "Fish Channel(HD Demo Channel)" & "CBSHD" Went (these channels are only available on 61.5, not 129) They sent another installer on the next week and he wouldn't put up the dish due to tree Cover. I asked for a second opinion and finally got 61.5 and a Dish44 Switch (Even though I didn't need it since the 129 was disconnected from the Dish 1000) The installer wouldn't install it and I just had to get ugly before he realized that since he didn't bring it(the DP44) he couldn't take it with him(he wanted it for his personal stash i guess)

So, Yes you can request but have a backup plan.

Thanks,
Cegarrett

P.S. I believe the Pentagon channel is only on 61.5 also

I got 61.5 by default

The installer will decide. You can attempt to "persuade." Believe me, especially in Savannah, you want the 61.5 satellite if at all possible. Better signal.

The installer planned to install a 1000.2, but did not know how to get the mast vertical. I figured I could get it right later. This was his first 1000.2 install. As a result, he could not get 129 tuned in. He ended up putting up two 500 dishes, one with a single LNB pointing at 61.5. I see now that Fox Sports South HD is on 129. Maybe next basketball season, if it is still there, I will repoint the dish at 129. I need my Wolfpack in HD.

Be happy if you have good reception from 61.5. Yes, it's an extra dish, but reception is better, especially in GA, assuming the LOS isn't blocked. Too many complaints about reception from 129.

Anyone else wanting to get 61.5 rather than 129, say you want the Pentagon Channel. It's only on 61.5 and 148. Tell 'em you have a relative serving in Iraq, if need be.

Be happy if you have good reception from 61.5. Yes, it's an extra dish, but reception is better, especially in GA, assuming the LOS isn't blocked. Too many complaints about reception from 129.

Anyone else wanting to get 61.5 rather than 129, say you want the Pentagon Channel. It's only on 61.5 and 148. Tell 'em you have a relative serving in Iraq, if need be.

Yes, but 61.5 does not have Fox Sports South in HD.

At the very worst, you can get Dish hardware cheap on ebay and configure it however you want.
Unlike receivers, there is no downside from buying Dish hardware on ebay from someone with a very good feedback rating.

I am near savannah, GA. I believe my locals are on 119. I only need the other location for HD.

61.5 AZ 152 EL 47
129 AZ 250 EL 26.....
Supposedly Dish has turned up the gain a bit on the 129 ..This is uinsubatantiated rumor...IMO you are better off with the 61.5 wing dish....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)