Can I swap H/J locations?

chikagobnd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 3, 2007
lynchburg, va
For a myriad of different reasons, I was wondering if it is possible to swap the locations of my Hopper and Joey. The Hopper is currently in the living room and the Joey is in the bedroom. I would like to reverse that. Since I am ignorant of the install details and requirements, is there anything preventing me from just unhooking the boxes and switching the locations myself?

You would need to find your node and swap the lines there. The node has a Client and a Host port. The Hopper MUST be hooked up to the HOST port and Joey MUST be connected to the client port. You could just swap the lines there and that should work.

Also, if the cabling to the Joey isn't RG6 3Ghz, then attaching the Hopper to that cable might be a problem.

I'm wondering as to why the OP would want to change the locations.

Two reasons. One, bluetooth. This is only a viable feature for me in the bedroom as I watch TV before going to bed...so that would be nice for the wife. I could probably connect the headphones from the bedroom to the Hopper as it's just a short distance away, but with the audio out of sync between the Hopper and the Joey, that's a no go. Two, my HIC crapped out about 2 months ago...the HIC is connected to the Joey as that's where my router is. Now, I am having to feed the Hopper in the living room with an old Wireless N Gaming Adapter which has been less than reliable. I would like to be able to feed the Hopper a direct ethernet connection and bridge to the Joey. There may be an easier solution to that of which I am unaware, but that's my thinking. Bluetooth is the big reason though.

chikagobnd said:
What I would really like is a 2H/0J setup. But, apparently this isn't doable from what I've read and been told.

Try talking to a local retailer. A local retailer provided me with 2h/0j

chikagobnd said:
As a new install or modification of current setup?

A replacement of a 622 and a 722 with 2h/0j

My argument was I could do 2 independent pip streams with a 622 and 722.1h/1j won't do thay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)