Can I take my old Directv receiver and access card to Canada and activate it there?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cloud17

Original poster
Nov 15, 2010
LA
I have an unactivated old receiver and access card from an old account. I have a new account now in Los Angeles and want to add another receiver on my account. However, I want to use this receiver in my Canada residence where I am having a directv satellite dish hooked up. I have not activated the old access card yet as Directv said they activate it once they have the receiver and satellite hooked up together and we get some prompts on the TV to see if the old access card will work. I had previously told them the receiver was going to be set up on my "motorhome". Will it make a difference if it is installed in the Canada residence or on the "motorhome"? And will the prompts prior to activating the card show where the receiver and satellite are set up? Or maybe the best question to ask is what is the easiest way to set up my directv in my Canada residence or "motorhome" while in Canada under my LA account when the access card has not been activated yet? Is it ok to activate the card while its all set up in Canada and if not what is "hypothetically" the best way to activate the card?

Thanks...

This sounds like account stacking to say the least. You have a home in LA (or someone does) and want to activate a receiver in Canada. Having two active receivers being used in two different locations is account stacking and we don't allow that discussion. If there is something to your posting that I'm not realizing feel free to send me a PM and I'll consider reopening your thread.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts